Amsoil Signature Series vs Motul 300v

Who wins?
Who's better?
Who is the greatest of all time?

You're comparing apples to oranges ... @Pablo

1707868732600.jpg

Coming from the world of Subaru, owner of an FA24 motor.
I wanted to ask the ultimate motor oil question.
The battle between the two best of the best.
Tom Brady vs Michael Jordan.
Who wins?
Who's better?
Who is the greatest of all time?
You never mentioned the viscosity for comparisons-sake.

Have you been living in a cave, just prior to and since HPL Motor Oil products arrival?

As an owner of as many Subarus as TD Tommy has SB rings, here’s my take: I always ran Motul Gear 300 in the transaxle and diffs on the stick cars, but I’ve only run Amsoil in the sumps. No way am I spending 300V money with the cost difference to Amsoil SS… the benefits aren’t there. I also ran much lesser oils, but that was long past the point of me wringing every last HP out of them. Never had an issue from them either brand, both get thumbs ups for where I used them.

I never ran Amsoil SVG in my Subies, but that’s because I (maybe shortsightedly) wanted just one lube under the car. But I’ve used SVG in many other apps, and in my 75w90 gear oil threads, Amsoil SVG delivers top-tier results in tests there.

TL;DR: Motul has some fancy offerings, but I haven’t seen any data or personal experience to show you’re leaving anything on the table if you choose Amsoil. Let price and approvals be your guide.

Tom Brady vs Michael Jordan doesn’t seem like a good comparison to me. Not even the same sport
The two greatest athletes in their own respective sports.
The two GOATS when you think of GOATS.
Motul 300v is like Michael Jordan.
Amsoil Signature Series is like Tom Brady.

You never mentioned the viscosity for comparisons-sake.

Have you been living in a cave, just prior to and since HPL Motor Oil products arrival?
0w-30 and 5w-30.
What is HPL Motor Oil?
You do realize Motul 300v is used in Formula 1.
It's a race oil. The best.

As an owner of as many Subarus as TD Tommy has SB rings, here’s my take: I always ran Motul Gear 300 in the transaxle and diffs on the stick cars, but I’ve only run Amsoil in the sumps. No way am I spending 300V money with the cost difference to Amsoil SS… the benefits aren’t there. I also ran much lesser oils, but that was long past the point of me wringing every last HP out of them. Never had an issue from them either brand, both get thumbs ups for where I used them.

I never ran Amsoil SVG in my Subies, but that’s because I (maybe shortsightedly) wanted just one lube under the car. But I’ve used SVG in many other apps, and in my 75w90 gear oil threads, Amsoil SVG delivers top-tier results in tests there.

TL;DR: Motul has some fancy offerings, but I haven’t seen any data or personal experience to show you’re leaving anything on the table if you choose Amsoil. Let price and approvals be your guide.
Do you have any data to supply that directly compares 300v vs Signature Series in terms of performance, wear, etc? My driving consists of daily driving, AutoX, and Tracking and I've been running 300v in my boosted 86 for the past 2 years for autox and daily driving. But now that Im in a stock NA GR86, I am considering saving some money and going down a tier to Signature Series since it's much much cheaper.

Do you have any data to supply that directly compares 300v vs Signature Series in terms of performance, wear, etc? My driving consists of daily driving, AutoX, and Tracking and I've been running 300v in my boosted 86 for the past 2 years for autox and daily driving. But now that Im in a stock NA GR86, I am considering saving some money and going down a tier to Signature Series since it's much much cheaper.
Any oil pressure issues with your 86s?

Any oil pressure issues with your 86s?
Ha..ha..ha.. I have yet to turn right so, no. =)
I have had to drop the oil pan and clean out RTV from the pick-up tube and that's about it.
I finished the OEM recommended break-in process for 1000 miles and now good to go.
I check my dipstick 3x a day out of paranoia in case my oil pan leaks, just to be safe.

Type "HPL" into the search bar, check in title and start reading. A high-end oil many here are using. They are a site sponsor. I use their oil in my car which I track frequently.
Thank you very much for clarifying. It seems as though I have a LOT of data to venture through if I wanna be the oil enthusiast I dream of being.

Back