Amsoil Signature Series 0w-20 | 12,771 Miles | 2016 Toyota Prius

Vehicle had 80,032 miles on it at the time of the oil change. 10% EV usage over the life of this oil change, averaging 100 miles a day almost pure highway. Looks good to me; starting to thicken, I imagine I could easily do the 15,000 miles that Amsoil rates their smaller oil filters for. I'm going to switch to an OEM Air Filter next time I change it out, might help with the silicon level.

This really makes me consider switching to 0w-16 when my extended warranty runs out, only a tiny bit less viscous and should provide a small increase in fuel economy. But I'm mainly after getting oil flowing as fast as possible for the constant engine starting and stopping.

I619830-OILANA75031966.jpg

Looks good, the question I have is why/how did you use only 10% EV during that 12,000 miles? I would have thought the Prius would have been in hybrid/electric mode mush more than that, no? Which would mean the oil has much less actual engine running use. Am I wrong here?

Looks good, the question I have is why/how did you use only 10% EV during that 12,000 miles? I would have thought the Prius would have been in hybrid/electric mode mush more than that, no? Which would mean the oil has much less actual engine running use. Am I wrong here?
My usage is almost exclusively highway so the engine is almost always on. If I get tangled in traffic then it’s easy to have an individual trip over 60% EV.

Thickened a little bit but that is acceptable. Al is still reasonable too for the mileage. Do you plan trying 15k on 20 or 16?

Thickened a little bit but that is acceptable. Al is still reasonable too for the mileage. Do you plan trying 15k on 20 or 16?
I’m going to be doing 10,000 miles until my extended warranty is out then go with the 15,000 Amsoil says the filter is rated for. I didn’t know when I bought that warranty that I’m required to do maintenance at a minimum of the factory interval or this would’ve be a 10,000 mile run as well.

I’m going to be doing 10,000 miles until my extended warranty is out then go with the 15,000 Amsoil says the filter is rated for. I didn’t know when I bought that warranty that I’m required to do maintenance at a minimum of the factory interval or this would’ve be a 10,000 mile run as well.
Very good & good plan. Since you bring up the warranty requirements.. Don't let others here convince you an auto warranty has nothing to do with the oil requirements...It's nonsense. Stick to what it says in black n white but you're already well aware of that & good for you. Thanks for the clarification.

Every flagged item got a green mark as “normal” so why change a think? 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s obviously working

Back