Amsoil Severe Gear+Valvoline Synpower 75w90

Hello all,
I have been going through my truck changing all fluids. The plan was to change the front diff to Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 (same as rear diff), but I ordered one too few quarts so I bought a quart of Valvoline to make up the difference. From my search on BITOG, it looks like this mix should be no issue as far as compatibility. That being said, do I now need a shorter change interval? With it being front diff, I'm hoping to not touch it again for a while. Thanks for the help.

Hello all,
I have been going through my truck changing all fluids. The plan was to change the front diff to Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 (same as rear diff), but I ordered one too few quarts so I bought a quart of Valvoline to make up the difference. From my search on BITOG, it looks like this mix should be no issue as far as compatibility. That being said, do I now need a shorter change interval? With it being front diff, I'm hoping to not touch it again for a while. Thanks for the help.
It shouldn't need any additional attention. I had to add about a 1/2 quart of Valvoline along with 2 1/2 quarts of Severe Gear the last time I serviced my rear diff. I don't plan to alter the interval. Both fluids are high quality and compatible.

Back