Amsoil Powerfoam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Amsoil PF on about 6 cars and worked very well. Cleaned the interal intake like brand new. Never had issues but a DTCdue to running with MAF. Cleaned DTC with scanner and all is fine. I usally drain within 500 miles of running it.

Cool...I look forward to it because you can always learn something vicariously through others. Also I look forward to the explanation on how the powerfoam application was done. Per label usage we have not seen any issues.

I've posted it in the UOA section already. I couldn't follow the label exactly as the engine wouldn't take the foam as fast as the can would dispense it. I only used maybe 25% of the can in the end. I let the car soak about 45 minutes and when I went to restart the engine it was clear I still had allot of foam in the cylinders.

Ox and Nit are up, TBN is down and 1.6% which even after 2k miles is the leftovers of the foam. What I have learned is tiny car with tiny sump makes cleaners not so good for oil. I've used PI with no ill effects per UOA but after seafoam or powerfoam it takes a minute to restart the engine and clearly the tiny sump needs changing.

Did you spray it through a MAF? If so you might actually be running real rich. I'm sorry that you had the pain though because bad UOA's hurt waaaayyy down deep for us hyper-obsessive bitog types
04.gif

No I took the rubber intake tube off and sprayed directly through the TB. Only problem was the engine couldn't keep up with the foam. I needed a bowl or possibly a bucket under the TB which is why I called it off at a quarter can.

I did find something interesting just a couple days ago. Looking through the TB down the intake there has never been any signs of carbon or oil from the PCV system. I removed and checked the PCV valve and the connection on the intake side. The intake side turned out to be a plastic port sealed with an O-ring. Once removed there was a small pool of oil which I found interesting. Now I'm wondering if there are seperate passages inside the intake for the PCV system.

I had to have someone else change my timing belt for me which made me sick to my stomach
37.gif
On the upside I finally have found a place that can reliably preform work I either don't have time for or simply do not want to do.
cheers3.gif

In a small engine it can take a good while to get that foam into the engine. Small doses and let it burn it up, then a bit more, a little at a time, it takes a while, a big V8 is another story. Not all engines can take that foam as fast as the can can dish it out.

Glad you found a good mechanic, that in itself can be a real accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back