Amsoil equivalent to Delvac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

The topic asks for the Amsoil equivalent to Delvac1.Pablo offered his opinion.

...and I'll thank Pablo now. Thank you, Pablo!!
quote:

What is the vehicle, engine, current mpg? Since fuel savings is a criterior then I would pick the S3000 over the AME 15w40. Probably pick up 1% - 1.5% better mileage.

All available if you linked to the UOAs ...but..

99 4.0 Jeep Wrangler ...84k miles (approx) ..almost a solid 17.5 - 19 mpg ..engine in excellent condition ..no consumption ..highway daily driver. Most of its life has been Mobil 1 ...Delvac 1 had much better wear numbers.

So ...from the limited participation of Amsoil reps ...I'll again thank Pablo and consider the Euro Amsoil 5w-40 formula

Gary has a Jeep 4.0. I recommend Amsoil 5W-40 for him. I thought I had written this.

If he lived in a warmer locale and wanted to save a few bucks, I would say the lower priced full synthetic 15W-40 would be the way to go. If he wants too get the absolute best mileage and longest drain interval then the Series 3000 5W-30 would be great.

As I recall his 4.0 has a large oil capacity. 9 qts or so. Any of the three oil will give better wear numbers than the Delvac, and should go 18K without having a shearing issue.

To be clear:

Amsoil AFL 5W-40 (best choice)
Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 (great shear stability, higher cost)
Amsoil AME 15W-40 (lowest cost, great OTR oil)

Your choice, tailor your choice to your needs.

Gary got pretty good numbers with DelVac 5W-40 at 10K. (I must say other UOA's on this oil have NOT knocked my socks off, maybe in OHC, V8's etc). It would be interesting to see an Amsoil UOA at 15-18K vs. Delvac at 10K

As for the specs I posted above it was for the 5W-40. Again I though I was answering Gary's question. Sorry for not being clear.

[ April 11, 2004, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

Amsoil 5W-40 isn't really considered a diesel oil. Here are the diesels:

quote:

Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30

API CI-4, CH-4, CF-2, CF, SJ, SL
Global DHD-1
Cummins CES 20076, 20077
Mack EO-M+, EO-N Premium Plus
Detroit Diesel Series 2000/4000 Category 2
Volvo VDS, VDS-2
MTU Type 2
MAN 271, M3275
Scania LDF
DB 228.3, 229.1
ACEA A-2, B-3, E-3, E-5
Allison C-4

Amsoil AME 15W-40 (full synthetic)

SAE 15W-40
API Engine Service CF, CF-2, CG-4, CH-4, CI-4, SH, SJ, SL
MIL-PRF-2104G, MIL-L-21260D* (*Rust Protection and Acid Neutralization Test)
Allison C-3, C-4
Mack EO-L, EO-L+, EO-M, EO-M+
M.A.N. 271
Mercedes-Benz AG 227.1, 228.1, 228.3
Scania Long Drain
Volvo VDS, VDS-2
VW 505.00
Cummins CES 20071, 20072, 20076
MTU
EMA LRG1

Amsoil PCO 15W-40 Blend

API Licensed CH-4, CG-4, CF, SJ, CF-2, SL
EMA LRG-1
ACEA E2, E3
MIL-PRF-2104G
Cummins CES 20071, 20072, 20076
Daimler Chrysler M/B 227.1, 228.1, 228.3
M.A.N. 271
Mack EO-L, EO-L+, EM-M, EO-M+
MTU/DDC Series 2000/4000 Category 1 & 2
Scania Long Drain
VW 505
Volvo VDS, VDS-2
Allison C-3, C-4 (transmission)
Caterpillar TO-2, TO-3 (transmission)

Thank you for taking the time, Pablo!
cheers.gif

Wow ...we're all just a bit touchy here.
shocked.gif
I think it's a sign of the times. We have high gas prices ...uncertain issues in foreign lands ..an election coming up. It's doesn't take a therapist to see some displaced anxiety shadowing in the background.

Everyone relax ...we're all just one big happy dysfunctional family
grin.gif

You gotta love the information age!
smile.gif

Happy Easter! This day represents something wonderful! Enjoy it!

Thanks Gary
cool.gif
- all that "outside my control" stuff and toss in my real job (I'm a QA Manager for an international cable and telecom power supply company 60 hrs+ per week), kids doing multiple spring sports, controlling my own portfolio, home projects, spring planting, I'm on the board for several trusts, Easter dinner, going hiking this AM, leaving for China this coming Saturday.....well you get the picture.....
fruit.gif

Have a great Easter and Spring. There is a reason the lambs are not slaughtered in mass and the blood put around the door frame..........God bless.

>>>>Any Amsoil reps wish to make a "best choice" for "comparable" results ..and a potential 1 year OCI (18k miles) with no adds, filter changes (keep in mind that the BP110 is on there), or top offs????

Any Amsoil rep who wants to tell a potential user that there will be no adds, filter changes or top-offs in 18K miles better hang it up now.

While this is a possibility, it certainly is not a probability. Few engines will run that long without some oil consumption--especially when the manuafacturers maintain that a qt every 6-800 miles is "acceptable".

**** ...what I meant (and didn't communicate well apparently
grin.gif
) was that this is intended as a "stand alone" OCI. That is, assuming no consumption ..there would be no adds ..no filter changes ..nada. My 4.0 uses no oil ..used none in 10k with Delvac and had no intermediate filter changes during that 10k run (UOA referrenced earlier in the thread).

All that I was seeking is "what do you think will carry itself THAT distance" (18k) with adaquate TBN retention, and comparable wear numbers UNDER those conditions.

This is seeking "best choice" ..not a challenge to make it to the moon and back or your oil's not good enough for me type thing.
nono.gif

Life is good!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back