Amsoil EA15K50 Cut Open 5511miles - HPL PCMO

This is from the second half of my first 10,000 miles with HPL PCMO 5w20

Filter in use 5511 miles.

Not as many pics as my last filter, the general construction looked fine. Wrapped with paper towels for 3 days (changed towels each day)

Strained remaining oil from the can through a coffee filter, nothing notable.

Little flecks in each pleat, pictures show a good representation of all of the pleats. Some had a little less. Last picture is the towel that I knocked some of the flecks on to.

Debating if I do another mid OCI filter change. Probably will, just to be safe before going a full OCI (10k) on the same filter.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

What is the vehicle, how many miles, and what oil did you run before the HPL?
2019 Ram 1500, 5.7L

I bought it at 8800 miles, oil was changed by the dealer. I changed the oil at 16,500 to Pennzoil Platinum and used PP until 56,300 following the OLM.

Commute is 80% highway. Almost all family driving is in this truck as well on evenings and weekends. Only have 251 idle hours at the current mileage of 66,400.

2019 Ram 1500, 5.7L

I bought it at 8800 miles, oil was changed by the dealer. I changed the oil at 16,500 to Pennzoil Platinum and used PP until 56,300 following the OLM.

Commute is 80% highway. Almost all family driving is in this truck as well on evenings and weekends. Only have 251 idle hours at the current mileage of 66,400.
Sounds like that engine would be pretty clean inside based on the history, so no wonder there really wasn't much debris in the filter.

But should there be any?
You first OCI was ~8000 miles. But what was the typical OCI after that?

Have you done an inspection like this before with the wicked dry media to see what was in the used filters at every OCI?

Sounds like that engine would be pretty clean inside based on the history, so no wonder there really wasn't much debris in the filter.
It definitely seems that way. Guess PP at OLM intervals isn’t so bad after all. ******

My OLM trips 0% around 10k.

I’ve never dissected a filter this deep. Kind of regret that now but such is life.

****** For my circumstance

Up until HPL entered my life, my Toyota cartridge filters have always been clean. Same with Honda filters that I have cut open. Never saw a single spec of debris.
If you're running an OEM filter maybe it's less efficient & this Amsoil is more efficient at trapping soot. That could be why you're not seeing any debris. 🤷‍♂️

OP try running this filter out a bit longer. I think you've concluded that so... Thanks for posting this Amsoil filter.

Last edited:
Back