Amsoil EA vs EaO filters

Basically what’s the difference between the two that causes one to be a 25k mile filter and the other a 15k mile filter, is it due to the size with one being smaller filters vs larger filters or is the construction and material different in one vs the other looking to go back to Amsoil filters due to the awful quality I’ve been getting from recent Fram Ultra filters, for an example my 2010 crown Vic can use EaO series filters if civilian trim but can only use EA for interceptor models

I don't think the Amsoil catalog is always accurate. But, even the Fram catalog lists the 3/4-16 for some engines and a 22mm filter for others. So, be very careful picking a filter and know what thread size oil filter mount that you have. This has nothing to do with filter mileage marketing.

I don't think the Amsoil catalog is always accurate. But, even the Fram catalog lists the 3/4-16 for some engines and a 22mm filter for others. So, be very careful picking a filter and know what thread size oil filter mount that you have. This has nothing to do with filter mileage marketing.
No the car really does take 2 different filters based on package, interceptors have an oil cooler that the civi models didn’t, besides that just curious what makes one a 25k mile filter vs the other

Basically what’s the difference between the two that causes one to be a 25k mile filter and the other a 15k mile filter, is it due to the size with one being smaller filters vs larger filters or is the construction and material different in one vs the other looking to go back to Amsoil filters due to the awful quality I’ve been getting from recent Fram Ultra filters, for an example my 2010 crown Vic can use EaO series filters if civilian trim but can only use EA for interceptor models
What are the two model #'s? I assume the one is the FL-820S/EaO11, what's the other?

Ahhh, OK, totally different threads (3/4-16).

Stupid question: Does an FL-1A not fit? Same threads, same gasket diameter, just longer.
I’d be willing to test it out it should fit though since it’s not length that’s the issue it’s just the oil cooler has a different thread than what civilian models come with

No real construction/media difference that I know of.

The difference is the application (and size naturally) the 15K was introduced when some engines loaded the filters up in 25K mile extended OCIs. So for those applications the recommendation was lowered. Pretty sure there were no Fords involved back then.

I’d be willing to test it out it should fit though since it’s not length that’s the issue it’s just the oil cooler has a different thread than what civilian models come with
OK, that's the "classic' Ford oil filter from the Windsor days, lol. I'd find the cheapest one I could get and see if it fits.

Back