AMSOIL Introduces 15,000-Mile Ea® Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got me all wrong, I'm just a realist, who doesn't buy into one size fits all. No doom and gloom just reality, that's all. Extended drains are not for everyone. This gentleman proves it once again. In fact he's a loyal customer he says he'd use Amsoil products again.

It appears Amsoil didn't have data the first time either. Time will tell if they have it this time.

I'm very glad I caught this. Yes, it was the 25k filter. I changed the spark plugs at the time of the oil change so car was running fine. Would low tension piston rings add to the blowby when engine is not up to op temp? Once again this car had a lot of in town miles for the first 6k after oil change.

Okay, so if it's really about filter size being the biggest impact, for all intents and purposes, how does the one for my 92 civic compare to the tried/true Napa 1334 or Wix? Did this problem develop because the Amsoil product filters too well and as a consequence restricts oil pressure that; on an engine like described in this thread, would not allow for a bigger filter because it would cause too great a drop in oil pressure/flow rate?

What are the specs for the filter Amsoil recommends for my car while we're at it anyway? 1992 Civic VX. I'd appreciate it guys.

I think you'll see more applications cut to 15,000 miles, just give it some time. There is only so much junk you can pack into a filter. Some engines have more junk in them than others. Some engines produce more junk. What is good for one vehicle might not be good for all vehicles, even if they are identical and used in the same way. There are to many variables, so changing a filter a little sooner might be a smart idea, than trying to push the limits. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back