Amsoil ATV UTV differential transmission fluid...

I have not received any replies to Amsoil on using their above noted fluid in my 2022 Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV. My manual calls for a Yamalube product in the front diff and the same Yamalube product in the rear diff. However, it says that if the Yamalube is not available then a GL4 can be used in the front diff and a GL5 (wet brake) can be used in the rear diff. When typing in the vehicle parameters into the Amsoil search engine, it shows the Amsoil ATV UTV diff / trans fluid, which is GL5, for the back diff but there is no fluid listed for the front.

So is the Amsoil fluid (GL5) going to be suitable for the front diff too?

Getting tired of always asking and not getting answers or having proper details listed on the Amsoil site. Just about ready to let my membership lapse.

I live in Canada in a somewhat remote area and Amsoil is about the only place that delivers to my door. That’s part of it for me. Otherwise the closest ATV place or Yamaha dealer is a couple hours away. The closest auto parts store is about 30 minutes but they rarely have what I need in stock.

I’d probably send a email to technical you get a response pretty quick I always have.

Amsoil makes 75W90 GL4 transmission and transaxle oil. That's what I would probably run.

Regarding the rear, I have a '21 Brute Force 750 and changed the rear diff fluid with specific "Wet-Brake" fluid. I would absolutely double check that a wet brake diff specifies a GL5 gear oil.

Amsoil makes 75W90 GL4 transmission and transaxle oil. That's what I would probably run.

Regarding the rear, I have a '21 Brute Force 750 and changed the rear diff fluid with specific "Wet-Brake" fluid. I would absolutely double check that a wet brake diff specifies a GL5 gear oil.

I use to own a KFX 700 and used the Mobil spec fluid for wet brakes in heavy equipment.

I use Amsoil 75w90 Marine Gear Lube in the diffs and gear box on my Can Am atv. Its GL4/5, so covers both.

I also use it in my Volvo Duoprop stern drive.

No complaints. Less products on the shelf.

I have not received any replies to Amsoil on using their above noted fluid in my 2022 Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV. My manual calls for a Yamalube product in the front diff and the same Yamalube product in the rear diff. However, it says that if the Yamalube is not available then a GL4 can be used in the front diff and a GL5 (wet brake) can be used in the rear diff. When typing in the vehicle parameters into the Amsoil search engine, it shows the Amsoil ATV UTV diff / trans fluid, which is GL5, for the back diff but there is no fluid listed for the front.

So is the Amsoil fluid (GL5) going to be suitable for the front diff too?

Getting tired of always asking and not getting answers or having proper details listed on the Amsoil site. Just about ready to let my membership lapse.
Who is your dealer? Always go there first.

Amsoil TS (Tech Support) is not there on Saturday and get pretty backed up on Friday. Just emailing them 48-72 hours and still the email could have bounced, etc.

Yes you can use Amsoil ATV UTV diff / trans fluid for both. Thanks!

Back