Amsoil at O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this was worth posting. I was in O'Reilly's today getting some M1 0w40 and noticed they had amsoil! They currently have 0w20, 10w30 and 5w30. The store manager said they started carrying it about two weeks ago, and they may get more grades in later on. They also have amsoil ATF.

downsized1217001618.jpg

Now that M1 ATF isn't rated for the Fusion, I may look into the Amsoil for ATF if it is rated. As I was typing this I decided to call my local OR parts and they are now selling Amsoil ATF for $9.99 a qt. Pricy! The clerk said they may be getting engine oil soon.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Now that M1 ATF isn't rated for the Fusion, I may look into the Amsoil for ATF if it is rated. As I was typing this I decided to call my local OR parts and they are now selling Amsoil ATF for $9.99 a qt. Pricy! The clerk said they may be getting engine oil soon.

Tig, I've been meaning to ask, do you have any knowledge of or experiences with M1 ATF in Ford trucks?

Which line of AMSOIL oil's are those two in the pics? Is this their new mainly group 3 line that has the approvals they just released or is this one of their higher level lines? Just seems like the timing is right for it to be their new line of oils.

AMSOIL ATF is the bomb-diggity btw.

I'm out of the Amsoil loop. How are those prices compared to buying through a dealer, PC fee and shipping taken into consideration? If it is OE or even XL selling for $8.99/qt I'd grab the Mobil 1 product next to it or the RP.
27.gif

When I saw it on Whidbey Island the price was very high, and it was covered in dust. It made buying it from a dealer well worth it. I would imagine the store can't low ball it, local dealers would have a fit!

Originally Posted By: shpankey
Which line of AMSOIL oil's are those two in the pics?

Those are the fully synthetic 5w30 and 10w30 you see pictured there.

Originally Posted By: casperfun
just notice a qt of amsoil is smaller than the others.

They are a little shorter, but wider as well, so they still hold a quart of oil.

Reminds me of the old line,.."What weighs more, a pound of nails or a pound of feathers?"
grin.gif

It's good to see Amsoil in stores now. One of the large chains in the NW use to stock it for a great price. They went out of business though.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Originally Posted By: tig1

Tig, I've been meaning to ask, do you have any knowledge of or experiences with M1 ATF in Ford trucks?

Used it in a 2000 Ranger with fine results. Cold temps shifting was fine.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what other grades they get. I wish they would stock like one or two gallons of ACD. I had the bottle of 10w30 in my hands but put it back in favor of the m1 0w40 for my generator.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Reminds me of the old line,.."What weighs more, a pound of nails or a pound of feathers?"
grin.gif

Ofcourse, a pound of nails, they weigh more....next question
thankyou2.gif

It sure would be good to see Amsoil available locally in more locations. We also have a new O'Reilly's that just opened close to home.
I use Amsoil in one of my motorcycles, 20w50 for a Harley. Would be nice to see them expand on what Amsoil products they sell.
I normally set up a date & time to meet a dealer when I need Amsoil. And I hate the traffic I have to put up with to get there & back. Last time I bought a couple extra gallon jugs just so I don't have make the terrible traffic trip there as much. I know I can do on-line ordering, but I didn't. I'd rather get it locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back