Amsoil 25K OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my oil 2 months ago and decieded to use Amsoil.which it says on bottle that its good for 25000 mile/ 40000 km OCI. Anyone ever run it that long? I so far have 10000 km on it and level is still full and barely any darker. I know darkness has not much to do with it but...I have ran Mobil 1 EP for 15000 km so I would think maybe amsoil could last 40000km Any thoughts???

Some have gone long with it but I think they never try to go to the full distance.

You are doing 120.000 kms a year? Woo!!

What you can do is to sample it at 20.000 or 25.000 kms to see how it behaves in your car and see if you can go up to 40.000 kms.

UOAs would be really interesting to see.

Is it the ASM 0W20?

In the UOA section, Pablo did a long interval on it and posted his UOA. At about the same, they were other members with long intervals too on this oil.
Great oil giving great results, you could check them to give you a idea.

Yeah,I would not run A almost 3x what you ran EP. Try 20,000 kms.,max 25,000 kms.

If everything is spot on with your engine it should work .I met a courier with a Nissan pickup that had 500,000 miles on it running Amsoil oil , oil filters and air filter doing 25,000 oil change intervals . The truck ran good.

For what it is worth, I ran Amsoil 0W20 11,000 miles over a 6 month interval in a V6 Accord. At that point the oil was just about done. Different engine, different driving conditions with an engine that fuel dilutes.

My point is, I wouldn't jump up that far without doing an analysis to know the condition of your engine/oil. Just my opinion.

if you live in ontario canada, you fall under the "severe service" conditions in which case that brings it down to 15,000 MILES tops OR 1 year(I believe for the ASL)

I find my honda motor begins to get chattery around 8,000 KM's so thats when I change out (I use ASL).

I think I'm going to switch over to PP after I finish my stock of ASL. Great oil but I'm not using it to it's full potential.

Originally Posted By: Mau
if you live in ontario canada, you fall under the "severe service" conditions ...

Euh... No.
Severe service is not only based on latitude of where the car is used, it is also based on the use of the car.

He has driven 10.000kms in two months, that is not severe service by far.

I have a commute of 55kms each way and doesn't consider my driving as being in severe service (that is 80% highway), and I will prove it with an UOA at the end of this 12.000 kms synpower run next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back