BARIUM 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 53.2 (46-59)
cST Viscosity @ 100C 8.24 (6.0-10.2)
Flashpoint in °F 350 (>385)
Fuel % 1.8 ( Antifreeze % 0
Water % 0
Insolubles % 0.8 ( TBN 1.9

Blackstone Comments:
Some fuel was present in this sample, as you suspected. But if you're able to drive before taking your next sample, it should disappear. Metals are low and show no problems at all. We're not sure how much silicon Amsoil puts in this oil as additive, so that might explain some of it. You could also check the air filter. But wear looks okay so we doubt you're getting significant dirt into the system. Universal averages show typical wear levels from this type engine after 4600 miles on the oil. High insolubles = the oil filter had trouble with 10K miles. TBN = 1.9, low but ok.

Serindipity - the effects of the fuel dilution and the high insolubles (from short trip driving in cold weather), cancelled each other out. So the vis @ 100C wasn't affected much.

These are the absolute worse case conditions for wear & oil degradation. I'd say the oil did an excellent job here!

Originally Posted By: Matt89
Here's my analysis results for a 2006 Civic:
Miles on Oil: 10,214 (1 year)

Universal averages show typical wear levels from this type engine after 4600 miles on the oil.

I suppose the universal averages are close to yours. If so, that is impressive: You did twice the mileage with the same wear.

What the OLM was indicating when you drained?

With your UOA, the one from TaterandNoodles, and the one from Pablo with the ASM, that is definitively what my wife's car will have as soon as it is out of warranty (two OLMs rounds like Pablo with UOAs to confirm).

Really an impressive oil.

Looks great to me. These are the toughest conditions possible and the oil held up very well. I've yet to see Amsoil 0w20 shear. It wouldn't surprise me if it has little/no VM at all.

One day I'll send off the 11k mile sample I have with ASM under similar conditions. Maybe even worse. 2 mile drive to the train station for 60% of the mileage and the rest very aggressive driving.

Originally Posted By: Pesca
Originally Posted By: Matt89
Here's my analysis results for a 2006 Civic:
Miles on Oil: 10,214 (1 year)

Universal averages show typical wear levels from this type engine after 4600 miles on the oil.

I suppose the universal averages are close to yours. If so, that is impressive: You did twice the mileage with the same wear.

What the OLM was indicating when you drained?

With your UOA, the one from TaterandNoodles, and the one from Pablo with the ASM, that is definitively what my wife's car will have as soon as it is out of warranty (two OLMs rounds like Pablo with UOAs to confirm).

Really an impressive oil.

Yeah I'd say I'm happy with how this looked...I'm not nearly as uptight about this stuff as I used to be so I have no problem at all running it for a year (especially in the milder climate).

I'm sorry I can't tell you what the OLM said, but I do remember resetting it once during the run.

PS: My wife mailed out the samples 3 days ago! Way to go Blackstone!

Last edited:
looks good, got me wanting to run the asm i have after my synpower runs out.

Blackstone has been very quick with my turnarounds as well

Last edited:
It's also a Honda. Great engine as well! Best 4 bangers on the market.

I am getting ready to change the AMSOIL 0w20 out of our 2002 Accord (3.0 V6). It has been run 1 full year and ~7500 miles, still looks great. I will post the UOA once I have it back.

I've got the same car and am certainly curious to see your report. 5k and 10 months was too long for me. The oil smelled strongly of gasoline so I dumped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back