Amntifreeze for my Nissan

My 2017 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0 v/6 engine has only 35000 miles, but the radiator seems a little low, and I would like to top it off. In the old days I would just grab some green antifreeze, and mix a little 50/50 and dump it in. But now I don't know what I should use. The stuff in its does look green, or perhaps blue. Oh, and I am quite sure it is original, since I bought it in 2018.
Nissan switched from Nissan green (phosphate free and a couple other things) to Nissan Blue about a decade ago.
Both will be fine.
Can be had as "asian Blue" coolant at Walmart.

I have a VQ40 as well and I used Pentosin A3. That’d be my vote - I got mine from the local auto parts store.

Last edited:
I thought all the supertech coolant was made by Prestone, and had 2EHA in it.

How do you find a SDS on supertech stuff - don't they have to publish it?

Search by UPC to get the most accurate result because there are sometimes multiple suppliers for the 'same' product.

2/5 WM Superstores have the ST Blue in stock near me. None of the 3 closest Neighborhood Markets, however.

Using the link above from ruhroh and the bar code from the Walmart website - prestone"

1667061246045.jpg

There are two ST Blue coolants - the earlier one 797496881625 is made by Prestone. The latest one, 652138104336, which you can also order online is made by KOST/Recochem. The MSDS doesn't say much for that one.

2017 Nissan calls for Asian PHoat AF (blue tint). I'd use Zerex Asian Vehicle, Peak Asian OET or Napa Asian, whichever you can find for least cost. 'I' can't recommend the new Super Tech Asian made by Kost because not enough inhibitor package information on SDS/PDS.

Last edited:
Got a Walmart nearby with this in stock?

Made by Kost/Recochem.

Also, if it's just a little low... why not just add a bit of water?

I have a 2016 Frontier and I almost flipped when I saw how much Nissan wants for a gallon of PRE-DILUTED blue coolant. It would cost me over $75 to renew my coolant! I am going to check out the Wal-Mart Supertech. If it is equivalent, then that is what I will use. Thanks!

2017 Nissan calls for Asian PHoat AF (blue tint). I'd use Zerex Asian Vehicle, Peak Asian OET or Napa Asian, whichever you can find for least cost. 'I' can't recommend the new Super Tech Asian made by Kost because not enough inhibitor package information on SDS/PDS.

A gallon of the Napa Asian is currently $20.39, so that would be about $45 with tax to renew my coolant. Does Napa ever have sales?

A gallon of the Napa Asian is currently $20.39, so that would be about $45 with tax to renew my coolant. Does Napa ever have sales?
Napa does have sales. However, as many stores are franchised, need to confirm local store participates in national sales. In my experience, most do.

That said, if Napa Asian not on sale currently, I'd use the either Peak Asian OET or Zerex Asian Vehicle, whichever is less expensive. IOW, use the least expensive of the three. All equally good Asian PHoat AFs.

Fwiw, I'm seeing Napa has a monthly circular special on Napa Asian AF for ~$14/gal through 12/31. Excellent price. Zerex Asian $18/gal. I'd go with the Napa.

Last edited:
Napa does have sales. However, as many stores are franchised, need to confirm local store participates in national sales. In my experience, most do.

That said, if Napa Asian not on sale currently, I'd use the either Peak Asian OET or Zerex Asian Vehicle, whichever is less expensive. IOW, use the least expensive of the three. All equally good Asian PHoat AFs.

Fwiw, I'm seeing Napa has a monthly circular special on Napa Asian AF for ~$14/gal through 12/31. Excellent price. Zerex Asian $18/gal. I'd go with the Napa.

Sir, I just confirmed this to be correct. I was planning to renew the coolant and hoses for my Frontier and my wife's Civic. Both use the Blue coolant. $14 per gallon is a good price. I just wish I could find the concentrate (non-diluted) for a good price.

I have a Napa store only 2 miles from the house. I guess I am going to be stopping by. Thanks!

Back