Ammo is pouring in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Nope, no ammo here.

Wal-Mart shelves are empty.

Gander has only birdshot 12ga. But, they sure have a lot of it.

Birdshot - I get sick of seeing that junk everywhere!! (well maybe not junk but definitely not useful in any of my guns!!)

And yeah, once again - wal-mart ain't gonna have anything...find some better stores to look at

There is not much around here. Two weeks ago, I was able to get a couple of boxes of Blazer Brass in 9 mm - not the cleanest shooting stuff.

Before this mess started, I had half a box of American Eagle FMJ and almost two boxes of Critical Duty. If I needed more, I simply stopped by my local gun shop or got it at the range. Now, I feel the need to have at least a case on hand just to outlast the next shortage. Once I find a decent sale, I am in for two cases.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Originally Posted By: Brenden
I was told by the Winchester rep for my local Fleet-Farm that the shortage was not ammo itself, they have millions of rounds in storage, but no boxes.

Now that's a new one!
happy2.gif

Do you think he was kidding or no?

No, he was dead serious he was about 60 and had 20 years with them so who knows... I just played along but I'm not very sold on that theory hahahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by the Winchester rep for my local Fleet-Farm that the shortage was not ammo itself, they have millions of rounds in storage, but no boxes.

Now that's a new one!
happy2.gif

Do you think he was kidding or no?

No, he was dead serious he was about 60 and had 20 years with them so who knows... I just played along but I'm not very sold on that theory hahahaha.

Well I'm sure folks would be more than happy to buy rounds out of a sandwich bag without any regard to the white box with the horse on it... as long as it fires and does its job...

Maybe we'll start seeing winchester bulk soon, then we'll know if he was on the money or not, lol

How can ammo be available to the public? I thought the government was buying it all!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
When's your hoarding gonna stop.
smile.gif

I assume you're talking to me? lol.

I admit I am hoarding a little. But some guys come in and clear the shelves...I've seen it myself. I don't take everything and will usually leave some for the next guy (per my original post). Do I have a compulsion to buy ammo? Yes. Is it fear? Perhaps. I don't know what's around the bend and want to make sure my family is protected. Of course that's in the minds of every other sensible gun owner around. The unsensible ones are the ones who clear the shelves and resell it for profit. Those guys are total losers.

lol.gif
... I was. I hear you. I had plenty already stocked up from years of buying it here and there. At some point, after spending 1000s of dollars on ammo, some people might stop hoarding (except for the [censored] resellers).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
When's your hoarding gonna stop.
smile.gif

I assume you're talking to me? lol.

I admit I am hoarding a little. But some guys come in and clear the shelves...I've seen it myself. I don't take everything and will usually leave some for the next guy (per my original post). Do I have a compulsion to buy ammo? Yes. Is it fear? Perhaps. I don't know what's around the bend and want to make sure my family is protected. Of course that's in the minds of every other sensible gun owner around. The unsensible ones are the ones who clear the shelves and resell it for profit. Those guys are total losers.

I was talking to the manager at the local ****'s and he says it is always the same three guys waiting at the front door to the store, every morning that they open, waiting to buy whatever ammo is available. They don't care what it is, they buy it.

All three have FFL's.

I think the ammo shortage was a perfect storm of indicators...

-Gun/ammo purchases caused by Obama reelection
-Gun/ammo purchases caused by Mass shootings and the gun control rumblings
-Gun/ammo purchases caused by Christmas purchases.

Ammo purchases because it's gonna be short soon.

All those new Christmas guns need ammo.

OH, it's getting bad, I'd better get that gun I wanted along with more ammo for it.

Plus DHS purchasing.

Plus normal purchasing.

Gotta be over someday. Earlier this week Cabela's was better stocked than I've seen it since October. I got mine. Probably all gone by now. I'll have to go check on Saturday.

Yes! I just scored 1000 rounds of 9mm fmj from midwayusa for $.27 a round including shipping. The deals are slowly trickling in. Just keep your eyes open. Gunbot is your friend.

Originally Posted By: DrinkDuff77
Yes! I just scored 1000 rounds of 9mm fmj from midwayusa for $.27 a round including shipping. The deals are slowly trickling in. Just keep your eyes open. Gunbot is your friend.

Argh! It was Winchester White Box! Missed that notification while at the gym (poor cell reception)...so, I've signed up again...

Midway may not be making as much profit on certain things as some other retailers during all this craziness but they are gaining some new customers. Like me...not just for this but some other purchases I've made over the last couple of months. I'll definately look to them again.

Ammo is available locally, but I refuse to pay the prices. Once it returns to normal, I'll resume buying. If more people would do this, the prices would return to the pre panic prices.

Still not here yet. I'm betting the gun shows here in April will still have banic pricing. No biggie, I'm going to the outdoor range today:

DD M4V3 with .223 and 6.8 uppers. Will shoot 4 standard cap mags of .223, then a mag or two of 6.8SPC
Saiga Converted AK. 4 mags of com bloc surplus 7.62x39 (brass)
Sig Nitron 1911 - I just put in a solid full length guide rod. 45ACP brass
One of my .38/.357 revolvers
All ammo I layed in before the banic hit. Glad I stock piled thousands of rounds so I can enjoy my legal hobby.

Bulgarian Makarov that I picked up on Sunday, yes I bought the 9X18 ammo post banic, but I used some patience! BTW I like the feel (and construction) of my two CZ-82's better than the Mak. But I'll see how the Mak shoots today.

Originally Posted By: DrinkDuff77
Midway may not be making as much profit on certain things as some other retailers during all this craziness but they are gaining some new customers. Like me...not just for this but some other purchases I've made over the last couple of months. I'll definately look to them again.

You can sure tell who the crooks and the comrades are. Kones Korner in particular had the gun I wanted so I bought from them, but their ammo prices have matched the craze. Brown Bear 9mm was $20, Fiocchi Canned Heat 100rd was $45, and .22LR was being sold for $50-60 in 500 round bricks. Scheels is extremely bad with their $80/brick .22LR. I called yesterday to Runnings and found they were offering 1,425 rounds for $120. I told him sorry but I think I'll pass on that deal.

$17.99 for a brick of RGB? Yes please. Blazer CCI Lead Nose for $19.99/500? Load me up. Dunhams, Young Guns, and SoDak have become my buddies for life when buying here in the Dakotas. They are always friendly and stock what they can, yet they never raise prices any higher than 10% above what I've seen them. No reason to. I guess that's one way to find who you do your business with.

Blazer Brass has also been prominent around the area. Got bored the other day and found 3 stores carrying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back