America's Tire Customer Service - Excellent !

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little long/complicated story.

Bought Continental ExtremeContact DWS from Discount Tire Direct on July 2010 for E430.

Had the tires installed at WM, after 2 tires were installed they found that they don't have the balance sticks, they didn't charge anything and told me go to America's Tire for balance and install the other 2 tires.

I went to America's Tire nearby, they charged labor for install and balance 2 tires only, free labor for balance the 2 already installed by WM. Paid them and got receipt without reading it.

Every 6 months took the car to another AT store closer to home for rotation to keep the tread life warranty intact. Yesterday went to the same AT store for rotation, the service writer noted that the treads are now only 3/32", he said I can get some pro-rated tread life because the warranty is 50k miles.

He looked at records in the computer, it shows the installation date but no mileage, and for only 2 tires brought in. I told him the whole story about bought the tires from DTD, installed 2 at WM and 2 at another AT location.

He then asked what is the estimate yearly mileage, then he subtract 1/2 yearly mileage from the first mileage record on the computer for the first rotation on 01/2011 and came up with 116k miles as the installed mile. The car has 143.6k miles now, so the usage is only 27.5k miles and I should get 45%(22.5/50) prorate for the current price of $148/ea. He alo said I can buy any brand I like, don't have to buy Continental to get the prorate from them.

Usually, tire stores will work with customers who buy tires from them directly, not buying online (yes, DTD and AT/DT are owned by the same parent company) and have them install only. When I bought these tires from DTD, I didn't expect to get mileage warranty because the price was low and it is not possible to get tire manufacture to pay for prorate warranty from a store that didn't sell it.

Clearly this service writer at my local AT tire store didn't have to do this extra paper work, but he went beyond his duty to help his customer.

Thumps Up for America's Tire and its employees. America's Tire has my family as a life long customer from now. I also telling my friends and relatives about their excellent customer services.

Yes they are very good. I have always gone there.

The only thing to look out for: Their free warranty is better than the one they try to upsell you to.

And, they will price match anything you find online. So you can make them your one stop shop.

Last edited:
After 2010 I bought all tires for my cars from AT only.

Yes, I found out after 2010 that they price match the best price I can find online. Usually onlinetires.com has lowest price and they are local so no shipping charge, AT price match it.

No, I always decline extra warranty. For some reasons, we don't have any road hazard damages to any tire on any car for more than 10 years here in So Cal, the last time I had to use spare tire was more than 10 years ago on the LS400, that spare was used 2-3 times in the 19 years I had the car. The original 13 years old full size spare in the E430 is brand new, never used. I even removed compact spare from the S2000 trunk, in its space is the sub-woofer.

Since buying from AT/DT will provide all manufacture's warranty(tread life warranty) plus free rotation/balance plus the lowest price ..., why go anywhere else or why buy tires online.

Your story is similar to others I've seen pretty often on here. It makes me wish we had either company around these parts. The closest stores to us are in TX and Pensacola, FL.

My experience with them is that their service is fast, prices are absurdly low, and selection is great.

However, they have poor technical training for their employees. Their balancing is so-so, they are in a rush to push out as many cars as possible, and when you ask them to roadforce balance - their machine is either broken or their employees don't have a clue on how to operate the machine.

As I posted here in 09 I couldn't be more satisfied with Discount Tire, including sales and installation and their stellar service after the sale. Since my first purchase back in 04 I've not purchased tires elsewhere, I've found no reason to. To my eye and experience they have the latest balance equipment, and other than normal rot/bal maintenance I've never had to take a tire back for rebalance.

They have always been very professional, quick and honest. From proper repair of punctured tire to the generous proration credit (like the OP) of a set of tires that didn't meet the mileage warranty, to the lowest price match/beat on every set of tires I've purchased, DT has never disappointed this poster. So, I completely agree with the OP and don't forsee purchasing tires elsewhere now or in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back