American owned filter companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
If the goal is north American jobs then Fram Purolator and many others fulfill that. I see more and more assembled in USA on things, which probably means the parts are made in China.

Made in USA is ofcourse better for us than not made here but we really need Americans to own America. If everything keeps being bought by forgieners pretty soon who are we working for? Not ourselves.

What the [censored] are you talking about? You want our companies destroyed by Wall Street investors? Look who ran Sears into the Ground, that Lampert idiot. The American auto industry was saved by the Japanese, the only way I want to work for a "American" company is if the company is PRIVATE stock/owned. Americans are [censored] businessmen. Boot Licking the wall street investors like Warren Buffet, T. Boone Pickens, the grossly overpaid CEO's bow! Light the torches!

Hopefully they don't run their businesses like Illinois runs their state.

This has slipped into the ditch … I work for an American company … we make money decade on decade … I make really good money with pension and stock options and we pass endless audits with flying colors … Treated very well … it's always easy to grab a failure in an attempt to make a point … but many US companies are still very competitive

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Hopefully they don't run their businesses like Illinois runs their state.

That ain't no lie!

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Do you guys know who owns Jim Beam Whiskey? How about Budweiser?
laugh.gif

This is why I drink Elijah Craig (Heaven Hill), Tito's, or Gallo spirits, and all I can of small, local microbreweries.

Both Heaven Hill and Gallo are both still family-owned, and are great companies to work with, so I choose to spend my dollars with them. I believe Tito's is still majority owned by Tito himself. Free samples every now and then when I make business visits don't hurt, either.
smile.gif

The people I knew at AB sorely missed the days when August Busch III was in charge... sad to see what's happened since they sold out.

Interesting. Hope it works out well for Trico, hope they stay true to the red white and blue and keep production over here. Fingers crossed.

All the Frams, Motocrafts, and WIX I've ever bought were Made in USA. I just assumed they were all American owned but guess not! At least they're keeping American workers employed for making most of their products though and that's the important thing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back