Amalie Blue Hi-Temp Grease - Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about using Amalie Blue Hi-Temp in the U-Joints of a `18 Toyota 4Runner. On paper this grease looks great. Anyone have any experience with it?

Operating temp of -40F - 350F is what is looking good as I am concerned that Mystik JT6 High Temp is only good down to -10F. This is my all weather vehicle that in time will experience conditions like crazy cold in Michigan and traveling in the north during the winter.

Will this outperform JT6 for long term use, or should I not worry about the few times I encounter temps below -10?

I would love to use Mobil 1, but the reviews of turning to liquid dripping is disheartening.

Also Valvoline Synpower looks great on paper with -40F-425F temp range and the 3% moly for the slide splines, but I have used this for years and always seems to be dry and clumpy.

I would like to stay with a Lithium complex for both applications of the driveshafts.

6 total on the driveshafts.

4 u-joints
2 slip joints

I just don't want to use a grease that isn't rated for the extreme cold that I may experience a few times over it's life. Having a vehicle failure in extreme cold can be dangerous.

Service manual just specs lithium complex for u-joints and lithium complex w/moly for splined sliders on driveshaft.

Curious, what base is Redline CV-2 and how would it be if I used that in all 6 grease fittings?
Temp range -100 to 500 F. WOW! Also 200%-800% increased life. Red moly is supposed to be superior?

I can purge the grease out of the U-Joints, but not out of the splined joints.

If you intend to staying in temps below -10*F for prolonged periods of time, go for the grease with a wider temp spec, but if you try to stay where it's above 0 then just use whatever is convenient to buy.

My '15 Tacoma probably has the same u-joints as your 4Runner and I just use the drippy Mobil 1 red stuff with no performance issues to report. Any grease you use will end up slinging around the underside once you start driving anyway.

Have you looked at trc paragon 3000? may have to go with nlgi 1 with the cold temps you are describing. side note, who in their right mind heads north when its already -10 at home???

Gotta keep living and moving regardless of climate. Too much to do in life to sit still. Getting stranded with a car below -10 is my worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back