Am I wasting $12 on M1 filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
00firebird,

If they have them check out Purolator as they just released a long life oil filter that's designed for synthetic oil just like your M1 filters. Just buy which ever is cheapest.

Mail Clerk

I put in a new pcv the old one had oil inside of it and around it everywhere.
figured since this thread got so popular i'll show you someone who did the same thing I did, except their engine is alot worse and it was with regular oil from the local oil change shops.
Also I'm eagerly awaiting the purolator's they should be around $10. for now I've got my pureone on there.

look at the attachments here
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/sho...ll=1#post990052

should probably add I still haven't seen how either mine or his engine looks with the valve covers off so who knows it could be a big difference or no difference.

Last edited:
Jumping in late here so, I'm not reading everyones replys. The engine looks like it had a recent intake manifold gasket leak(ing) and wasn't fixed sooner. The gasket could have been leaking for a long time before the OP noticed an issue.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the oil/filter as there was water/coolant in the engine where it didn't belong.

Purolator has some rebates on filters at the moment on website. For short intervals, use pure one and your engine will be fine.
spankme2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back