Am I missing something?

ordered (and got confirmation) 3 coils for the Buick on 12/15. As of today, they still do not show as shipped. Sold by Amazon directly and in stock. Should I chalk this up to holiday shipping/covid issues or something else? Order has not been canceled by me or Amazon and Amazon mentions in my confirmation email on the 15th that they will email me when the items ship. I went with Free shipping so I'm ok with a longer delivery time/window, but they don't show as having left the warehouse. I wonder what gives?

when was the last time you ordered from Amazon?

If you aren't prime and don't upgrade shipping it will sit there until they have to ship it for it to make the arrival estimate day.

It'll probably ship the night before and show up the day it is supposed to, at least thats my experience.

Amazon is weird, sometimes they’ll ship things early & they will arrive early, but the closer to Christmas it gets, the slower the non-Prime shipping will get. They’re just overloaded.

when was the last time you ordered from Amazon?

If you aren't prime and don't upgrade shipping it will sit there until they have to ship it for it to make the arrival estimate day.

It'll probably ship the night before and show up the day it is supposed to, at least thats my experience.
Funny that you ask because I ordered something unrelated about 10 days ago and it arrived in just 3 days. Given how a lot of folks wait til last minute on Christmas items, I'm sure that's the primary reason. That's ok. Those coils are not from Santa!

yep, never can tell with amazon. There were times i waited forever for an item to ship, other items came within 2-3 days

I’m sure they are crazy busy this time of the year.

On Thanksgiving day I saw a fleet of Amazon vans on the highway headed to their delivery locations.

I really don’t need the things I order the next day from Amazon, so no Prime membership for me.

Last edited:
Yep I've had 3rd party sellers exceed expectations. But anything shipped by Amazon I think they sit on it to give you the middle finger for not being prime.

Amazon is garbage. The prices are going up, the shipping times are going up, the customer service is going down. The site is flush with counterfeits and cheap Chinese junk; complete with fake reviews.

Dump 'em.
Yep, MCGA would also be a red cap …

So, my mission to get coils for the LeSabre turned out to be a rather long one. To recap, the order was placed with Amazon on December 15. On December 27, Amazon messaged me that the coils had shipped. On January 1, Amazon informed me that the package was damaged in shipment and was being sent back to the vendor and that I would receive my refund In anywhere from 2 to 4 days. I decided to try a Canadian parts supplier, parts avatar. The total was actually about $12 less than Amazon which surprised me. My order came in about three or four days. I had ordered the Delphi brand because it was described many places online as made in USA. Two of them state just that but one of them says made in Mexico. The folks at parts avatar said, “rest be assured that the quality is the same”. I did not ask about the quality, so it’s interesting that they were stating this to me regardless. Note that the parts are in boxes with no cushioning or packing at the boxes themselves were put into a box with nothing to keep them from shifting around. Sorry, but I think this is pretty lame. There is a slight amount of soil laying on the grease section bottom of the coil, but I chalk that up to handling and shifting around in the box. I was told by the artificial robot or whatever it was I was chatting with on their website that the warranty on all three is the same, (three years or 36,000 miles). Note that all of the boxes were sealed with a label with the product code and the photos or at least some of them show where I have open the boxes.

Attachments

• 4538A61E-E275-4311-87F5-C26274603789.jpeg
    4538A61E-E275-4311-87F5-C26274603789.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 4
  • BEF7068C-9167-436F-9AB2-73D9E04CD62D.jpeg
    BEF7068C-9167-436F-9AB2-73D9E04CD62D.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 5
  • 87B38709-FAF7-47C7-BA8E-B1D5E1FC936A.jpeg
    87B38709-FAF7-47C7-BA8E-B1D5E1FC936A.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 5
  • 66C1E394-5539-44BC-B4E2-16835E2D0D9C.jpeg
    66C1E394-5539-44BC-B4E2-16835E2D0D9C.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5
So, my mission to get coils for the LeSabre turned out to be a rather long one. To recap, the order was placed with Amazon on December 15. On December 27, Amazon messaged me that the coils had shipped. On January 1, Amazon informed me that the package was damaged in shipment and was being sent back to the vendor and that I would receive my refund In anywhere from 2 to 4 days. I decided to try a Canadian parts supplier, parts avatar. The total was actually about $12 less than Amazon which surprised me. My order came in about three or four days. I had ordered the Delphi brand because it was described many places online as made in USA. Two of them state just that but one of them says made in Mexico. The folks at parts avatar said, “rest be assured that the quality is the same”. I did not ask about the quality, so it’s interesting that they were stating this to me regardless. Note that the parts are in boxes with no cushioning or packing at the boxes themselves were put into a box with nothing to keep them from shifting around. Sorry, but I think this is pretty lame. There is a slight amount of soil laying on the grease section bottom of the coil, but I chalk that up to handling and shifting around in the box. I was told by the artificial robot or whatever it was I was chatting with on their website that the warranty on all three is the same, (three years or 36,000 miles). Note that all of the boxes were sealed with a label with the product code and the photos or at least some of them show where I have open the boxes.

Attachments

• C2960574-E7B2-4BB3-A21C-913EAB04A8E1.jpeg
    C2960574-E7B2-4BB3-A21C-913EAB04A8E1.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 9
In my experience, if the order is fulfilled by an entity other than Amazon, it could take a while to get your order.

I've been shopping Amazon for the past couple of years because of the inventory issues brick-mortar places are having, I don't feel like driving all over town looking for it. There are things you don't buy from Amazon; common sense prevails.

Amazon makes returns pretty easy too. Just print out the return label and drop the thing off. The wireless keyboard I recently bought was returned, I don't even have to re-package it. I've had sellers offer free stuff when I haven't been satisfied with my purchase.

Recently, I've had more issues with Rock Auto than Amazon. I've received parts that had been previously installed (oily, stained and torn boxes), broken off plastic hose barbs on P/S pump reservoirs, etc. I ordered headlamp bulbs for the Legend (same bulbs for low and high beams) and this is what they sent. These bulbs have the same part GE number. Trying to get this straightened out was futile.

20220219_165729_resized_annotated.jpg

Back