Aluminum Floor Jack recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Got a flat tire on the Interstate today. After changing the tire in the heat (98) with all the traffic speeding by, was thinking the HF jack would have come in very handy rather than using the scissors jack. I know it would have sped up the process significantly. Might have to take a look at the HF myself.

Thing is, would you really want to carry a hydraulic jack around with you in the trunk? I suspect that mounting it would be a pain...

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Got a flat tire on the Interstate today. After changing the tire in the heat (98) with all the traffic speeding by, was thinking the HF jack would have come in very handy rather than using the scissors jack. I know it would have sped up the process significantly. Might have to take a look at the HF myself.
Don't do that! Limp down the shoulder, take the next exit and use a parking lot. After sitting in traffic whilst a clipped tire changer was medevac'ed. I decided that it was entirely preventable. When I get a flat, I just drive on it until I find a great location. I've done it more than once. I have yet to waste a wheel. Even if I did... thhbb channeling Bill the cat from Bloom County. Carryl Chessman's autobiography. Cell 24485, opens with him fleeing a robbery, in hot pursuit by the law. Driving on rims after the shot up tires wore away. and eluding the cops. Channel your inner Carryl Chessman, Drive it like you stole it
grin2.gif

^ Great advice. I have emphasized to my wife to be safe as well. Cars and rims are replaceable, and it would be a real tragedy for family and friends if the person died trying to save parts on a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back