Alternate filter for Amsoil Eao26

I’ve searched for a filter alternative for this filter as it’s on back order with no release date. Does anyone have any suggestions to one with close efficiency rating? I haven’t found anything with similar efficiency specifications (other than Donaldson p169071 but doesn’t contain an ADBV). Filter is a 3/4”-16 and is being used with amsoil dual bypass. It’s being used on a 6.7 PSD

Typing the Eao26 on Frams cross reference suggests the following: PH977A

Wix site doesn't cross reference the Eao, but typing in the Fram then suggests: WIX 51773

Donaldson: P550299

The wix is not close enough to factory ratings for my liking. I also looked at that Donaldson but its a 40 micron rating vs 20 for the amsoil at 99%. Not close enough to the factory filtration that is around 18. Not putting the fram on this engine either. As you can see my dilemma finding something with similar ratings to the amsoil ..

You can try the Royal Purple version. It's listed as being a 30-8A. They're $12,99 each from Summit Racing.

That royal purple is the same as amsoil for ratings by the look of it. I will look into that one. Thanks

I don’t see one listed.

Does fleetguard post their filter ratings? I don’t seem to be able find a website with information on those filters.

That royal purple filter is about an inch and half smaller than the amsoil that’s about the only difference I can tell by the ratings.

Last edited:
Cross Ref for Donaldson P169071.

The HP1 shows to cross to other Frams, so there should be an Ultra that would match up - there is an XG8A.

1633551421822.jpg

The XG8A is about 2 inches smaller than the amsoil or comparable. Loading over the long OCI would be a concern IMO

The XG8A is about 2 inches smaller than the amsoil or comparable. Loading over the long OCI would be a concern IMO
XGs are rated to 20,000 miles. You going to run a filter longer than that?

I would not run that filter that long, no. Time would be more of a factor than mileage

Crossing to the Donaldson P169071 brings up Fleetguard LF3487...it's a StrataPore melt-blown synthetic media filter rated at 100% @ 30 microns.

Crossing to the Donaldson P169071 brings up Fleetguard LF3487...it's a StrataPore melt-blown synthetic media filter rated at 100% @ 30 microns.

Where did you find those numbers posted? I was really looking for something at 20 microns or slightly finer

Last edited:
Back