Almost done with Auto-RX application

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

in my 98 chevy truck with the 5.7L. I have gone about 500 miles since putting in the Auto-RX with the 10W-30 Mobil drive clean and new filter. I checked the oil today and its still looks clean, not black at all. I'm going to go 800 miles before changing oil & filter. Does the fact that my oil is still clean, mean that my engine was pretty clean to begin with or that I need to run this application quite a bit longer than 800 miles? I've ran Mobil 1 for the last 35,000 miles so I don't know if that has something to do with it. My tapping noise in the engine seems to have gone away so thats good. Thanks for any input.

Wayne

Even if the oil is clean, the filter might have captured all the nasty stuff.

I'm going to do close to 2000km on this treatment I'm doing. For even more effective cleaning, I'm trying to do more driving than normal, so the engine spends more time hot. Normally I would take 4 weeks to go 2000km, but I've been going out for a one hour drive everyday on my lunch hour. So I should be able to do this mileage in about 3 weeks now.

I ran Auto-RX in my 155,000 slightly sludged 1993 Camry, and the oil (Exxon Superflo 5W-30) was still pretty clean after 800 miles. But, I changed the oil filter at 400 miles (was new along with the oil at the beginning of ARX treatment) and was very surprised to see all the gunk that the filter caught - clean-looking oil/dirty filter, was kinda weird.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

I'm going to do close to 2000km on this treatment I'm doing. For even more effective cleaning, I'm trying to do more driving than normal, so the engine spends more time hot. Normally I would take 4 weeks to go 2000km, but I've been going out for a one hour drive everyday on my lunch hour. So I should be able to do this mileage in about 3 weeks now.

Haha that sounds like me when I was doing my first auto-rx treatment just recently. Taking the long way wherever you go, going across town just for that one certain fast food joint, etc etc
grin.gif

Jason

quote:

Originally posted by mebanditws6:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

Haha that sounds like me when I was doing my first auto-rx treatment just recently. Taking the long way wherever you go, going across town just for that one certain fast food joint, etc etc
grin.gif

Jason

Yep, that's me this week! I went out for a drive again today at lunch, and took the longer route home tonight.
smile.gif

What are gas prices up in Canada now? I'm paying $2.25/gal for unleaded reg. here in SoCal. Not into driving extra during my lunch hour at this time; I have A-Rx in 3 cars at the moment and it looks like it will be a while before all the miles are added up.
Mike

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Thompson:
What are gas prices up in Canada now? I'm paying $2.25/gal for unleaded reg. here in SoCal. Not into driving extra during my lunch hour at this time; I have A-Rx in 3 cars at the moment and it looks like it will be a while before all the miles are added up.
Mike

It is quite costly for gas actually, I calculated on just one of my hour long drives this week I spent $7 in gas!
frown.gif

The price fluctuated this week from a low of 74.5 cents per liter (for 87 octane) to a high of 79.9 cents per liter. I need 92 octane so it costs 10 cents more per liter. At 89.9 cents per liter that works out to $2.31 per gallon if you convert to US dollars.

You can keep Auto-Rx in your engine oil as long as necessary, just as long as filter is able to hold what comes out from engine (filter changes are not costly) so if it takes 3 times as long to drive application mileage it is "OK". Auto-Rx is NOT a petroleum based chemistry so it does NOT change chemistry of your oil. Gas is the number one domestic subject here in FL among Seniors, for most every penny must count. Seniors have used Auto-Rx as they heard about it by word of mouth, most don't surf on a computer and you know they drive "Land Yacht's" where gas mileage with A/C on, around town is 12 to 14 mpg. So for people on a fixed income, every price increase in gas cut's into there budget. Auto-Rx's contribution to better gas mileage and cutting down on maintenance cost, has to work or every "Senior" will tell 10 more it did not work. They use (their choice) Walmarts oil & filters and they change oil & filter every 7500 miles. Auto-Rx makes a real difference in there operating cost per mile.

Gas prices here in southern Indiana are $1.58 for regular. They were up to 1.75 at places like Shell for a few days. After the Iraq thing settles down gas prices will plummet, probably down close to a dollar a gallon where they should be.

Jason

Tanker insurance rates have gone through the roof for the Middle East. If tanker owners can't get freight rates that cover their insurance cost they won't send their tankers to load Persian Gulf oil. If the combat stalls the rest of the world could get really short of oil--or pay a higher price to cover these costs.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back