Alloy wheel protection

This Silverado is my first truck with alloy wheels. I’m already finding it a huge PIA to keep them looking nice. Anyone have any successful experience with any kind of protective spray or wax or anything? Ideally something that would let them release brake dust real easily.

If they are chrome or clear coated any wax or sealant would provide some protection and help release brake dust/dirt next time you wash them. I prefer something like Turtle Wax Seal and Shine or McKees Hydro Blue Sio2 or another spray on type product for wheels.

Try Meguires Waterless Wash and Wax. I use it on my paint and wheels also. Cleans them nice then leaves them easy to clean the next time. You dont have to use something more harsh.
Alright, we'll take a look at Meguiar's ultimate waterless wash and wax. My uncle recently acquired this nice Camaro, which just needs some TLC and deep cleaning, especially the interior. We'll just finish installing the rotors and black rhino wheels on the truck before we can clear the garage and take her in.

This Silverado is my first truck with alloy wheels. I’m already finding it a huge PIA to keep them looking nice. Anyone have any successful experience with any kind of protective spray or wax or anything? Ideally something that would let them release brake dust real easily.
I use Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax...2 coats. Wheels clean up with just regular wash water and a mitt. If you hit em with a wheel cleaner it'll strip the ceramic coating off. But there are numerable ceramic specially made coatings for wheels. I find the Griots works well on my Sierras' wheels.

Back