AllData Pro Request: AutoTrak II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have stocked this ACDelco AutoTrak II to use with certain GM vehicles equipped with New Process Gear (defunct) transfer cases.

However, because of a change in our database I cannot know for certain which transfer cases this product is even used for. We had a memo go out with which ones it is used for (I seem to recall 173, 2something and 2something else) but I don't *know* for certain.

Can someone look this up in AllData Pro (our subscription expired as part of the transition) for me?

Better yet... straight from GM....

#99-04-21-006: Info - Improved Automatic Transfer Case Fluid - (Sep 2, 1999)
Subject: Improved Automatic Transfer Case Fluid

Models: 1999–2000 Cadillac Escalade
1998–2000 Chevrolet and GMC K/T 4–Wheel Drive Pickups and Utility Models
1999–2000 Chevrolet and GMC L Van Models
1999–2000 Oldsmobile Bravada
with Active Transfer Case (RPOs NP4, NP8)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective with vehicle production in late June of 1999, all active transfer cases on the above listed vehicles have been filled with Autotrak® II fluid, P/N 12378508 (P/N 10953626 in Canada). This fluid is a light blue color rather than the red color of the previous fluids and is the next generation Automatic Transfer Case Fluid. The fluid also contains a better friction modifier.

On the models listed above, the active transfer cases should only be serviced using P/N 12378508 (P/N 10953626 in Canada), even if the original fluid was the red Autotrak® fluid. The previous fluid and the new fluid can be mixed or topped off if necessary. The new Autotrak® II fluid will be the only available fluid once the supply of the old red Autotrak® fluid is exhausted on units older than stated above.

The Owner's Manuals and some service information will specify the incorrect fluid due to printing the information prior to the fluid change being introduced.

Your welcome....

Remember... you don't know "where" you got this information..!!

BurrWinder

Indeed. I actually have no idea where that came from.
smile.gif

However it doesn't seem to specify the NPG part numbers of the transfer cases involved. I see a lot of 26-something xfercases and I know those were specified to take AutoTrak II but I can't confirm it now. Is there a way I can still have a look at what ADP specifies?

NVG 149-NP3 Manual Transmission Fluid GM P/N 88861800 (Canadian P/N 88861801)
NVG 246-NP8 Auto-Trak II, Transfer Case Fluid, GM P/N 12378508 (Canadian P/N 10953626)
NVG 261-NP2 Manual Transmission Fluid GM P/N 88861800 (Canadian P/N 88861801)
NVG 263-NP1 Manual Transmission Fluid GM P/N 88861800 (Canadian P/N 88861801)

2005 Chevy Truck Silverado 1500 4WD V8-5.3L VIN B

That's all I got from a quick AllData inquest. I looked at a few other random models/years/engine size and didn't really find anything conclusive.

If AllData conflicts with the manufacturers data it is highly prudent to go with the manufacturers data.

Good point, I'll have to look up AllData again for those MMYs shown above in Burr's post to see what that says.

Done.

All I could trace down for each model was the Automatic transfercases took AutoTrak II (presumably with the 246 model, no idea if any other model numbers were used) and the ones with selectable or manual transfer cases specified the 88861800 fluid.

I can't deduce anything from the New Venture Gear wiki page either in respect to this subject.

Any last holdouts for info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back