All the same caliber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh back to the thread. No one caliber can do it all. Some are better at certain things than others.

Personally I prefer the larger calibers in full size handguns and smaller rounds for lighter handguns.

I find small handguns in big calibers like those compact Glocks in .45 to be bears to shoot. Also anyone who can shoot one of those half way decently will be able to shoot a 9mm ten times better.

Remember caliber doesn't really matter to much, its hits that count.

I rented a 92 at the range today; it is a sweet gun but admittedly I enjoyed firing my c9 compact more! The beretta felt more solid and my groups were slightly better (only slightly) but there's no denying the c9 is such a snappy fun gun to shoot. I still destroyed the critical areas in several groups with the c9. Fired a glock 22 as well and did not like the kick of the .40

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
I rented a 92 at the range today; it is a sweet gun but admittedly I enjoyed firing my c9 compact more! The beretta felt more solid and my groups were slightly better (only slightly) but there's no denying the c9 is such a snappy fun gun to shoot. I still destroyed the critical areas in several groups with the c9. Fired a glock 22 as well and did not like the kick of the .40

My wife really likes her 92 (so do I for that matter)...and your observation of the .40 is not uncommon...you would like the 10mm even less...it's what the .40 was meant to be: .41 Magnum ballistics in an auto pistol...but that means some serious velocity and subsequent recoil...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: zerosoma

My wife really likes her 92 (so do I for that matter)...and your observation of the .40 is not uncommon...you would like the 10mm even less...it's what the .40 was meant to be: .41 Magnum ballistics in an auto pistol...but that means some serious velocity and subsequent recoil...

The .40 was my friend's. He is an off-duty police officer and works on college campuses. I've shot his glock before but never compared to a 9mm. This time around no matter how much I shot it I just couldn't get used to it. It was boring for me and I wanted to pick up my 9 again. At least I know I don't really care for 40s...it will save me some headache when choosing my next handgun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back