All the Private Label Brands Warren Distribution Makes, If You're Interested

Sure, Warren may make the oil for the different sellers, but is each oil being made 1:1 for the whole package? Or are there smaller discerning differences for each seller's "specifications"? Only real way to know is to get a VOA of each oil of the same spec.

No company would stretch the word synthetic further than a blender who has to buy base stock from the big boys - and when you see them buying GII+ … what rules apply ?
The word semi is starting to vanish - anyone else notice ?

I don't have to explain anything. All you have to do is read labels and remember what you read. and where you read it.. Be sure to include reading materials at product websites too.
Upon completion and upon the ability to retain what you read, you will find out what brands spout superiority in all areas of concern - which ones don't / leave out things. It's plain-as-day / easy too decipher..

The ones that are missing verbage on labels and at their product websites are the ones I avoid. They generally are always house brands, or small-time players in the industry. They generally don;t mention certain aspects other brands do (hypothetically like cleaning ability)..... etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by Chris142
Warren makes good stuff. Funny how so many people won't buy the store brands when it's the same as the name brand.

Not even close to reality

Please explain. You will not be able to.

Your very misinformed if you think all oils are created equally. Take a look sometime at engine shop and take note how much different things will look with an off the shelf oil vs a premium oil.

If you think I'll be using Supertech for a 6000$ motor I personally have in the mustang , your hilarious ...…🤣.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I don't have to explain anything. All you have to do is read labels and remember what you read. and where you read it.. Be sure to include reading materials at product websites too.
Upon completion and upon the ability to retain what you read, you will find out what brands spout superiority in all areas of concern - which ones don't / leave out things. It's plain-as-day / easy too decipher..

The ones that are missing verbage on labels and at their product websites are the ones I avoid. They generally are always house brands, or small-time players in the industry. They generally don;t mention certain aspects other brands do (hypothetically like cleaning ability)..... etc.

The Valvoline I'm running right now doesn't say anything about keeping pistons clean.

Guess I had better dump it now.

Originally Posted by BucDan
Only real way to know is to get a VOA of each oil of the same spec.

Or let a well regarded unbiased lab do a voa as part of their routine sampling of current oils out there. Like the Petroleum Quality Institute of America:

http://pqiadata.org/AmazonBasics_0W20.html

This exact voa is why I chose to the Warren made Amazon Basics 0W20 SN+ for the wife's GMC. Look at those analysis numbers. It's a good oil. Sure, it's a grp III base but so is almost everything else out there labeled as synthetic. Nice additive package. I'd put it up against any name brand 0W20.

Looks decent - PQIA says it's GIII ?

You put it up against any of them for how many miles ?

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Warren makes good stuff. Funny how so many people won't buy the store brands when it's the same as the name brand.

Which Warren oil is the name brand?

Stp,mag1 are 2

Originally Posted by PimTac

The Valvoline I'm running right now doesn't say anything about keeping pistons clean.

Me too... And I just changed it this morning.
Sheesh.

Nope try again the oil companies are full of
"up to, resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown at high temperatures, exceeds warranty requirements, formulated to protect turbochargers and emission control system catalysts, advanced full synthetic formulation that combats sludge, reduces wear and controls oil breakdown, helps prevent deposits and sludge buildup to enable long engine life, no synthetic motor oil provides better protection from friction-related wear"

All of the above are claims from the "majors" and all are legally claimed because their products meets API and DEXOS certs. Nothing else. There can be no claims superior to or extends engine life compared to brands x, y, and z.

Originally Posted by 4WD

You put it up against any of them for how many miles ?

For the OEM recommended OCI it's what the product is certified for.

You are neither the OP nor the member I asked - you have already made your thoughts clear above.

Originally Posted by 4WD

Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP
ASTM D5293
5800 (-35)
Color
ASTM D1500
Flash Point °C
ASTM D92
Flash Point °F
ASTM D92
Foam Seq. III (Tendency/Stability), mL
ASTM D892 (Opt. A)
0/0
Foam Seq. II (Tendency/Stability), mL
ASTM D892 (Opt. A)
5/0
Foam Seq. I (Tendency/Stability), mL
ASTM D892 (Opt. A)
0/0
Gravity, °API
ASTM D287
High Temperature Foaming, static foam
ASTM D6082 (Opt A)
20/0
High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 100°C, cP
ASTM D6616
High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP
ASTM D5481
Magnesium, wt. %
ASTM D5185
Molybdenum, wt. %
ASTM D5185
Nitrogen, wt. %
ASTM D4629
Noack Volatility, % loss
ASTM D6375
Phosphorus, wt. %
ASTM D5185
Pour Point °C (°F)
ASTM D5950
-45°C (-49°F)
Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP
ASTM D4684
21,000 (-40)
Shear Stability, Final Viscosity in cSt
ASTM D6278
Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)
ASTM D4052
Sulfated Ash, wt. %
ASTM D874
Sulfur, wt. %
ASTM D4951
TBN, mgKOH/g
ASTM D2896
Viscosity @ 100°C cSt
ASTM D445
Viscosity @ 40°C cSt
ASTM D445
Viscosity Index
ASTM D2270
Zinc, wt. %
ASTM D5185

Comparable to Mobil One AFE 0W20. I guess XOM is using a group II product and calling an synthetic.

How many times have members posted SDS's showing what's in Mobil 1 0w20. The percentage PAO and when not GTL.

Warren is a huge GII buyer from XOM … yes, XOM probably make the best GII out there - and that is why I suspect a number of lubes are semi being called synthetic now.
I'll give you Mobil Super - not the M1's and who else has that many 0w20's anyway.

Go back and see who/what I replied to

Originally Posted by dave1251

Not even close to reality

Please explain. You will not be able to.

Your very misinformed if you think all oils are created equally. Take a look sometime at engine shop and take note how much different things will look with an off the shelf oil vs a premium oil.

If you think I'll be using Supertech for a 6000$ motor I personally have in the mustang , your hilarious ...…🤣.

I laugh with ya !!!
Show me a 300,000 mile or more engine that's run Walmart oil from day one
I've never seen one......but god knows on this website I'm sure there's one to prove all of us wrong

I'll spend $2.00 dollars more for better oil !!!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Last edited:
warren is open, ask for specs + you get them! all oil blenders must at least meet the specs they advertise + for most drivers ANY synthetic oil is better than is needed!! big name oils are prolly a little better, BUT you pay for their advertising + sponsorships. actual racers use specially formulated oils + extreme conditions benefit from REAL synthetics!! as far as semi-syns DON'T there are NO laws governing % of synthetic usually group III in the blend, todays group III synthetics are the best value for most + changing oil + filter on a timely basis is cheap insurance for a long engine life if you were lucky enough to get a decently mass produced engine!!

He says the same thing every time warren distribution synthetics/housebrands come up.

I think that particular dexos1g2 license kicked his dog and stole his candy when he was younger.

Originally Posted by BLND1

He says the same thing every time warren distribution synthetics/housebrands come up.

I think that particular dexos1g2 license kicked his dog and stole his candy when he was younger.

10,000 comedians out of a job and your trying to be funny !!🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Remind us all to laugh next week
PimTac has been here a lot longer than you'll stay !

Next guest please !!!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by 4WD
How many times have members posted SDS's showing what's in Mobil 1 0w20. The percentage PAO and when not GTL.

Warren is a huge GII buyer from XOM … yes, XOM probably make the best GII out there - and that is why I suspect a number of lubes are semi being called synthetic now.
I'll give you Mobil Super - not the M1's and who else has that many 0w20's anyway.

Go back and see who/what I replied to

And I showed you Warren's 0W20 it compares to Mobil One AFE. For some unreasonable reason you can not stand this fact. Maybe it is because you can buy Warren's product off the shelf for close to half the price of Mobil One without rebates.

The smaller blenders have to produce very high quality products to stand a chance against the big brands. Plus big brands are also producing at a price point to maximize profit not making the best product regardless of price. Plus endorsements and advertising is not cheap.

Back