All the Private Label Brands Warren Distribution Makes, If You're Interested

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I don't have to explain anything. All you have to do is read labels and remember what you read. and where you read it.. Be sure to include reading materials at product websites too.
Upon completion and upon the ability to retain what you read, you will find out what brands spout superiority in all areas of concern - which ones don't / leave out things. It's plain-as-day / easy too decipher..

The ones that are missing verbage on labels and at their product websites are the ones I avoid. They generally are always house brands, or small-time players in the industry. They generally don;t mention certain aspects other brands do (hypothetically like cleaning ability)..... etc.

The Valvoline I'm running right now doesn't say anything about keeping pistons clean.

Guess I had better dump it now.

He says the same thing every time warren distribution synthetics/housebrands come up.

I think that particular dexos1g2 license kicked his dog and stole his candy when he was younger.

10,000 comedians out of a job and your trying to be funny !!🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Remind us all to laugh next week
PimTac has been here a lot longer than you'll stay !

Next guest please !!!ðŸ‘

It wasn't directed at Pimtac. I'd suggest a re-read. I'll be here all week.

Re-Read your post for goodness sakes

Your done !!!

Out of here

PimTac stays !!!!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

No committee hearing needed

Thank you !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BucDan
Sure, Warren may make the oil for the different sellers, but is each oil being made 1:1 for the whole package? Or are there smaller discerning differences for each seller's "specifications"? Only real way to know is to get a VOA of each oil of the same spec.

A VOA doesn't show everything for starters and it's doubtful Amazon or Wally's has spec's beyond meeting the current API/ILSAC... even then if Wally's thought they could make bank stocking SM rated oil they would. That said, the need for formulators and blenders to have flexibility in ingredients is inherent and the API guidelines address this by allowing for interchange. It's tightly controlled by the licensing authority but in some cases blenders and formulators can use different ingredients (additives and base oils) without having to undergo engine testing or new licensure. All the major oil mfgs have slates and additive makers like Afton, Lubrizol, Oronite etc test their addys to slates. This gives blenders and formulators a lot of flexibility in hitting target viscosities and other performance targets without necessarily needing to undergo engine testing. There's decision matrix's put out by API for blenders.

LSS.. you can't say, with a degree of certainty, they're "identical" but you can say they meet the same minimum performance standards if all other things are equal... and at the end of the day, isn't that what's important?

I will day dave1251 that I know that Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 full synthetic oil has 25-40 percent of group IV POA in it... That is on par with Mobil 1 EP in terms of amount of POA in a 5w30... This does back up what you are saying about how some of the smaller blenders put together a very good oil in order to compete with the big guns.

Last edited:

I laugh with ya !!!
Show me a 300,000 mile or more engine that's run Walmart oil from day one
I've never seen one......but god knows on this website I'm sure there's one to prove all of us wrong

I'll spend $2.00 dollars more for better oil !!!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

The S70 in my sig has 271,800 on it, about 75% of the oil changes have been SuperTech. (recently switched to Harvest King conventional because it's even cheaper and still meets required specs) My old Colorado (3.5 I5) was sold at 205,000 and about 50% of the oil changes were also ST. (The other 50% was Formula Shell when it was on sale) My BIL bought that truck from me and it's still running just fine.

Close enough???

Last edited:
Exactly. I don't care if it could be proven a thousand times I'm always gonna grab the name brand. Same way with running a filter for two oil changes just because it says you can. Call me old school, but I was taught by my dad and his dad before him to use a name brand oil and change the filter. Why chance something as being "just as good" or running a filter for 10k over a few bucks when a new engine costs thousands.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by Chris142
Warren makes good stuff. Funny how so many people won't buy the store brands when it's the same as the name brand.

Not even close to reality

Please explain. You will not be able to.

Your very misinformed if you think all oils are created equally. Take a look sometime at engine shop and take note how much different things will look with an off the shelf oil vs a premium oil.

If you think I'll be using Supertech for a 6000$ motor I personally have in the mustang , your hilarious ...…🤣.

Originally Posted by dadto2

I laugh with ya !!!
I've never seen one......but god knows on this website I'm sure there's one to prove all of us wrong

The S70 in my sig has 271,800 on it, about 75% of the oil changes have been SuperTech. (recently switched to Harvest King conventional because it's even cheaper and still meets required specs) My old Colorado (3.5 I5) was sold at 205,000 and about 50% of the oil changes were also ST. (The other 50% was Formula Shell when it was on sale) My BIL bought that truck from me and it's still running just fine.

Close enough???

Bingo!

I'll credit that to the formula shell lol. In reality, proper maintenance is the most important thing. But I make a good enough living that paying an extra $5 for oil and $10 for a filter isn't gonna put a damper on my grocery budget. Heck I dump synthetic oil at the manufactures recommendation for severe service at 3750 miles and according to this site is wasteful. But I do have a friend who heats his auto repair center with a used oil burner so it's not a total waste.

Originally Posted by SteveG4

I laugh with ya !!!

Close enough???

Bingo!

I saved that link from "the drive" that you posted.I had seen it a while back and was trying to find it again a few weeks back. Thanks for posting. Amazing that many people think they know more than actual oil engineers who test millions of oil samples every year for a living. Laughable and it Really defies logic. Millions of cars and trucks on the roads running perfectly fine running nothing but house brand oils made by Warren and other companies. Verbatum ffrom the Blackstone FAQ page when they are asked "what is the best oil to use? The answer : "We are an independent lab, so we don't make recommendations. It has been our experience that oil is oil, and either petroleum or synthetic-based oil will work well for just about any engine.Synthetic oil won't guarantee a longer engine life any more than my eating organic food will guarantee I'll live until I'm 90. We here at Blackstone generally use regular petroleum-based oil because honestly, it works just as well for us."

Of course the joe blows on here know more than the oil experts who test oil every day. It is just beyond laughable.

That's why an oil's specifications, approvals and licenses is key. They are the only reliable measure of quality, otherwise we are back to "look at that slug of moly", "my pappy trusted XXX brand, so I do too", "this oil has titanium!" or "Old Man Sedgwick down at the feed store swears by XXX."

Originally Posted by 4WD
Looks decent - PQIA says it's GIII ?

You put it up against any of them for how many miles ?

No, PQIA doesn't say that. But GII and GII+ cannot meet the specs for 0W20, it takes III, III+ or PAO to hit the numbers. So the minimum it could be is GIII.

The thread title should be Warren Distribution Makes All Private Label Brands.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bluesubie
The thread title should be Warren Distribution Makes All Private Label Brands.
That would be false. They have competition.

Originally Posted by kschachn
That's why an oil's specifications, approvals and licenses is key. They are the only reliable measure of quality, otherwise we are back to "look at that slug of moly", "my pappy trusted XXX brand, so I do too", "this oil has titanium!" or "Old Man Sedgwick down at the feed store swears by XXX."

"Old man Sedgwick"..lmbo.. but spot on.ðŸ‘...‚

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by 4WD
Looks decent - PQIA says it's GIII ?

You put it up against any of them for how many miles ?

No, PQIA doesn't say that. But GII and GII+ cannot meet the specs for 0W20, it takes III, III+ or PAO to hit the numbers. So the minimum it could be is GIII.

Pennzoil has a 0w20 that's a blend. It's one of only two blends that I know of that are also D1G2 approved, so I suspect it's a majority grp3.. maybe even GTL grp 3+??

It's been posted before but I'll say it again. The fact that all of these oils meet D1G2 specifications is nothing to scoff at. D1G2 requires a predetermined matrix mix of 75% or more Grp III and at max 25% Grp II+ base oils and then combined with an already pre-approved additive pack from (insert supplier name here). There is very little wiggle room in Dexos blending without recertification, hence anything carrying a Dexos certification is of markedly similar quality. So every one of these oils are of a guaranteed quality and performance (even when compared to API SN+) over any typical OEM length change interval. I'm currently on Supertech synthetic in both of my GM warranty vehicles for the length of the OLM and have no plan to modify that anytime soon.

I laugh with ya !!!

Close enough???

50% usage of Formula Shell. That may qualify as a penalty in this situation🤔🤔🤔
We'll have to ask the jury for a verdict !!!!...³...³ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ‘

Your response really doesn't make sense. The product either passes certification or not. There is no such thing as a chance with a certified motor oil. Name brand is marketing. If you feel fine with purchasing marketing go for it. It your choice.

Back