Alerts bell

LDB

When you click the alerts bell it drops down and shows your threads. Good so far. It highlights those with new posts. Better so far. The highlight is so close to the background color it is very difficult for some users to see. Not good. Is there any way, please, to darken that highlight by one shade so it is very obvious for everyone which are new and which aren't, please? Thank you.

I've tried all the display options the site offers but none make a difference other than the dark option not showing any difference at all. I don't think it's my computer as much as old cataract eyes that could use some help from a site display adjustment. Like in Excel where there are 5 levels for fill colors. This is level 1 and it would be so much more useful if it were level 2.

Got a screen shot you can upload here?
1675058020186.jpg

The contrast is a bit greater than usual or perhaps it's because I hit the print screen button. Either way, I can see this better than usual. Or maybe the powers that be adjusted it one step and we are seeing the benefit.

I use dark mode and can't see any difference, but I agree that the difference on the screenshot could be better, difference completely disappears if not looking at monitor fairly near 90' which is something I do less and less with multi-monitor and larger monitors. Red though, UGH!

I use dark mode and can't see any difference, but I agree that the difference on the screenshot could be better, difference completely disappears if not looking at monitor fairly near 90' which is something I do less and less with multi-monitor and larger monitors. Red though, UGH!
I use dark mode and you can just barely see a difference in the shading, but I bet it depends on how good you eyes and monitor are because it is hard to see

I use dark mode and you can just barely see a difference in the shading, but I bet it depends on how good you eyes and monitor are because it is hard to see
There is no difference in the shading of the notification text ... the only indication is the dot in the lower right of the notification being either filled or not filled when you hover the mouse over it (if using computer). The dot will show either filled or not on a cell phone (obviously no mouse involved).

1675113342156.jpg

Last edited:
There is no difference in the shading of the notification text ... the only indication is the dot in the lower right of the notification being either filled or not filled when you hover the mouse over it (if using computer). The dot will show either filled or not on a cell phone (obviously no mouse involved).

View attachment 137952
Okay but not the text, rather the background. The shading difference is too little. Possibly this is why you are stating there is no difference? I mean it doesn't bother me much but clearly there was an intended difference.

See attachment of screenshot from prior posted screenshot, where an image editor was used to get the RGB values which are too little a difference, IMO, but are different, not just peoples' eyes playing tricks on them. This is quantitative rather than depending on a particular monitor and viewing angle.

RGB.png

Last edited:

View attachment 137952
There is on mine. It is minor, but it is a slight shading difference.

Apparently the "shading" of the alerts background is so minor that it depends on the device's screen brightness and contrast settings to be easily detectable. Maybe if looking at the screen in total darkness it might be noticable.

I've always gone by the dot in the lower RH corner, so the shading never came into play.

Apparently the "shading" of the alerts background is so minor that it depends on the device's screen brightness and contrast settings to be easily detectable. Maybe if looking at the screen in total darkness it might be noticable.

It is relatively noticeable for me, but it could be better. Like you mentioned, it could be made better or worse by adjusting monitor settings.

dbhJnUS.png

Back