Airline Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing can be summed up in 3 words: "Waste of time. Waste of money."

Since 9/11/2001, millions of people have been forced to waste billions of hours standing in line, waiting to be checked. The same millions of people are forced to live in fear, looking over their shoulder. All because of 19 j*rks who in one fell swoop, manage to mage the world and the world's #1 superpower live in fear.

I guess if you could interview the same 19 j*rks now, they'd say it was more than worth it. 19 unemployed dead-end kids can inconvenience practically the whole Western World.

quote:

Originally posted by TheTanSedan:

The people who live there either support the problem, fight the problem or leave. There is no middle ground.

This all said from the guy hiding behind his computer in his comfortable likely air conditioned home with not a thing to worry about. Nice thoughts but I don't believe you.

Sure most of it is a waste of time ..and money. But when you have such a worldwide showing of the leading events ...you've got to have a substantial impact in you remedy. Way too many people want to "see" what you're doing about it. In reality the most effective measures are hidden and behind the scenes and you can't have a "COPS" episode to detail how they handle such things.

I'd still just offer very high (and escalating) bounties on the leadership of these organizations. Get the low lifes for hire to work for us.

Fox news is, more or less, promoting profiling in airline screening techniques. Now I can't argue with profiling if you've got a near 100% assured profile of most potential suspects. This works for traffic stops for drugs or whatever. When 19 out of 20 of one group are the typical make up of any element of criminal activity ..it's not profiling ..it's a statistical probability.

..but...

Fox is redundantly campaigning for 80 year old grandmothers (their rhetorical example) be exempt from this ..since it's a waste of resources. I don't think that we've covered this in this thread ..but if grandmothers were exempt, how long before some terrorist would kidnap one of their grandchildren and force them to carry contraban on an flight???

Now my real feeling here more fall along these lines ..but I guess it's a necessary side effect.

-

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Fox news is, more or less, promoting profiling in airline screening techniques. Now I can't argue with profiling if you've got a near 100% assured profile of most potential suspects. This works for traffic stops for drugs or whatever. When 19 out of 20 of one group are the typical make up of any element of criminal activity ..it's not profiling ..it's a statistical probability.

..but...

Fox is redundantly campaigning for 80 year old grandmothers (their rhetorical example) be exempt from this ..since it's a waste of resources. I don't think that we've covered this in this thread ..but if grandmothers were exempt, how long before some terrorist would kidnap one of their grandchildren and force them to carry contraban on an flight???

Willy Sutton "Profiled", he robbed banks because that's where the money was, he didn't waste a lot of time robbing outhouses or empty fields.

Spending an undisclosed X% of resources on "profiled" target subjects and reserving a smaller 100%-x% for the remainder sounds like efficint use of resources to me.

Don't pay attention to Faux News. It's buffons pandoring to buffons.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:

..but...

Now my real feeling here more fall along these lines ..but I guess it's a necessary side effect.

-

It is funny you mention Fox now promoting the practice of profiling.

I agree with you......when 19 out of 20 of one group are troublemakers, it is not profiling if you single out that particular group.

But have you ever tried to make out the case for profiling to the Liberal Intelligentsia out there? You'll get a lynch mob right on your tail before you even know it. They will be bawling stuff out like, "Oh, you can't generalize, man. What if people made generalizations about your forebears when they arrived in America?"

There's just no reasoning with certain kinds of people.

If you ask, I'd say the [liberal]enemy within is far more dangerous than Osama and his towel head army can ever hope to be.

If there's a problem with liquid chemicals being used as bombs, then why is the TSA mixing together all the liquids they're confiscating from passengers? Do they really believe there's a threat?

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

Don't pay attention to Faux News. It's buffons pandoring to buffons.

Yes, I pretty much view them as "counter-liberal media bias". They don't report any more then CNN or any other source. They're into the opinion formation just as much as the pinko media outlets and editorialize just about everything.

I was watching Neil Cavuto bring on authors/experts of one ethinicity to comment on peoples of another in which the author's ethnicity has a dynamic conflict with the other.

Can you predict the resulting dialog??
dunno.gif
It doesn't take Carnac the Magnificent.
lol.gif

[ August 17, 2006, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

I'm against profiling because our operations would be obvious and the holes would become obvious too. Would rather be more random and open-minded. As soon as our inspectors label someone as "safer" their guard goes down.

One might say there's a manpower shortage, so you can't check everyone thoroughly, but just increase the facility charge another buck or two on every airplane ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back