Air filter test showing flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
o man good find. i wish they did efficiency ratings on those filters. though those are only the round filters that flow alot more that the pannel air filters...they do offer alot of information on the types of brands that is good vs some that are not.

good find thank you.

ROFLMAO @ this:

quote:

The Cup guys are not allowed to use cotton gauze, somebody got caught freezing nitrous into them and keeping the filter frozen and installing it at the very last moment before the qualifying lap!)

Good 'ol American ingenuity!!!!
cheers.gif
patriot.gif

I ran my own tests on flow and here's what I got:

-

The K&N flows more air than the paper, as much as IIIRC 60 cfm at 2800-3200 RPM (where the engine has "peak" torque)

Engine is a 2000 Ford 4.6L SOHC V8, from the Romeo facility with NPI heads (from a Crown Vic).

The test was run on 3 different setups:
1). Stock airbox, stock 70mm MAF, w/ K&N filter
2). Mercury Marauder airbox, 80mm truck MAF, paper filter
3). Mercury Marauder airbox, 80mm truck MAF, Accel Kool Blue filter

All filters are brand new.

[ May 23, 2003, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: metroplex ]

nice test metro, i have a 98 vic lx iam using a baldwin paper filter or its synthetic...i did have a k&n in it...will i get more flow with a k&n air filter? is it worth it? please advise?

I'd rather have more efficiency than flow. I'm in the process of adding a prefilter to one of my pickups. It is a dual filter (paper outside and oil impregnated wool inside) for a 4.0 engine that will go in front of the regular Toyota filter on a 2.4 engine.

I tried to look at Page 2 and couldn't get to it; I'm sure that's where they show the Efficiency Ratings. If a paper filter outflows a foam or gauze filter, it has to be a very poor filter or that's what tests in the past have shown; the higher the quality of paper the better the filter but the flow drops off very quickly. How to get to that second page ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back