Air conditioner charged properly, compressor running, still blows hot air

Maybe the blend door is stuck.
The OP reports the suction line is not cold, ruling that out. With a stuck blend door the evaporator (and suction line) gets cold but the air to the vents is hot because it has been redirected through the heater.

If the pressures are the same high and low side, the compressor is not doing anything. Don't need to look any further.
That's what I was thinking, but the compressor is engaged, drag on the engine, fans come on, etc.

I can't, for the life of me, find the location/diagram for the relays.

Sounds like compressor isn't compressing... I would be trying to learn more about that compressor control valve
That's what I'm thinking. I'm having it looked at tomorrow. I'm hoping it's something simple like a post-rebuilt error. It worked great all last summer.

That's what I was thinking, but the compressor is engaged, drag on the engine, fans come on, etc.
Well, apparently it isn't or the high side would be going up and the low side would be dropping. Idle increasing is probably just a normal reaction by the ECU to bump idle when a call for A/C has been made.

Well, apparently it isn't or the high side would be going up and the low side would be dropping. Idle increasing is probably just a normal reaction by the ECU to bump idle when a call for A/C has been made.
agree 100% and since the car was totally taken apart all winter including a/c could be any number of things.. none of which is easy to tell over the internet.

Might be time to take it to a pro.

Back