Ahhh...the feeling of fresh oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had the oil changed in the Corolla today; filled with nice and fresh Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 and topped off with a genuine Toyota filter. With the fresh oil the day seemed brighter, birds were singing louder, the traffic less snarled, and my motor humming along so smoothly(definitely a BITOG member
grin2.gif
). Anyone else notice similar things after a fresh change or am I just in "oil change utopia"
laugh.gif
?

None of that. After I change at 10K I notice no differance at all with the engine, birds, traffic, etc. Right now the Fusion has 9.8K and plan a OC next week. Engine is very quite and smooth.

Last edited:
Geez you guys are downers!!! :p

I'm looking forward to a little oilphoria myself tomorrow. I have a friend coming over and I'll be doing an oil change on his Corolla. Hopefully it'll give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside... cuz it's gettin' dang COLD outside!!!

I did a OC on the GF's car yesterday. It was a great feeling! Especially seeing how much stuff the Rotella that I added cleaned out.

I feel better just after a nice fresh oil change as well. I many times see my economy jump exponentially within just a few miles, many times I see fine girls in somewhat questionable clothing looking under my car checking on what filter I used, or the few blonds with what looks like PP ( that's Pennzoil platinum you pervs) in their hair.. Cars merge out of my way on the interstate when I enter from the on ramp, and no 40-50 mph drivers in the hammer lane.. Gas prices drop, stock prices go up, and red lobster is having an all you can eat shrimp special..

Now really it does make me feel somewhat better, but at the same time I read all of this mumbo on the net about how fresh oil change somehow causes more wear on the engine until so may miles.. also I do periodic checks of the filter/under the car the first few days for oil leaks.. as I did have an oil filter seal problem recently.. yet have also been doing this check oil oil leaks around filter area, etc for years.

So in the end I'm glad it's done, but still I worry

I usually get a little bump on this feeling a week later when I check the oil, and it's still relatively clean.
smile.gif

Sadly, the feeling fades (as the oil gets dirty).
frown.gif

Last edited:
Changed the oil,PP, filter, MTF and rotated the tires. Put antiseze(sp) on the rotor to wheel face and drove the oil to recycling; the sun came out and all was right with the world.

Waxed the car when I got home just to top it off.

Got my brake rotors and pads in, the clouds have started to part. Once they are installed, The clouds will go away and the world will rotate once again.

When I had my tC i could definitely tell a difference before/after an oil change. Those high rpm and 5k oci's put the oil in its place. The smoothness would only last so long =).

I do recall a feeling of inner peace/peace of mind when doing an oil change. You have a moment of self-fulfillment.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Originally Posted By: Tim H.
An Oilgasm?
crackmeup2.gif

LOL!!!!

at my age any oilgasm would be nice,

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Originally Posted By: Tim H.
An Oilgasm?
crackmeup2.gif

LOL!!!!