Aguila Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I would not recommend either the 115gr. or the 124gr.

The 4 9mm's I own(ed) all had Failures to Eject on this stuff and a couple on Tulammo (only ran a few boxes)

Perfecto, Blazer, White Box, Speer, Remington, and Geco...can't recall even one failure. The good news is the 9's I have appear to be very reliable on other ammos. I bought 2000 rounds of the Aguila..Its all but gone. I sold 500 to my best friend. I will replace it for him.

Last edited:
I've shot a box of the 124 gr. Aguila 9mm and had no issues. I've also shot at least 4 boxes of Tulammo with no failures.

Different guns just "like" different ammo.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yeah there's too many bulk deals on blazer brass on the web to buy anything cheaper. Around $10/50 rounds.

That was a few weeks ago. 9mm is becoming harder to get in brand names anymore. I am kind of jsurprised its taken this long. I bought 2000 rounds. Geco 124gr for $425.68 including insurance and shipping last week.

Last edited:
If you guys don't know yet check out ammoseek website or app. They show real time availability and sort by lowest price per round as well as other filters.

I used the app to find the best sites then just bookmark them like target sports usa or bone frog gun club

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
If you guys don't know yet check out ammoseek website or app. They show real time availability and sort by lowest price per round as well as other filters.

I used the app to find the best sites then just bookmark them like target sports usa or bone frog gun club

Thanks Memphasis!!!

Many years ago I used some Aguilla .30 carbine ammo. It functioned OK, but I discovered that some of the primer pockets were not concentric with the case! I've seen cases where the flash holes were not centered in the primer pocket but this was the first and only time I've come across brass where the whole primer pocket is off center! Seemed like pretty poor quality control so I stopped buying that brand.

Another thing I've noticed about a lot of the Aguilla .22 rimfire ammo, is it became available when nothing else was. Because of that it was able to get a foothold in a market. They have also established themselves it a new, state of the art production facility while all of this was transpiring. All of this has helped push them into a much bigger position in the ammunition industry than they were before all the .22 madness started.

The only Aguila I've used was their .22LR when it was near impossible to find anything else. It shot just fine from the Ruger 22/45 I had at the time (in fact, better than some of the other lead-nosed .22LR I also had). I haven't used any Aguila since, but I always understood it to be decent stuff. Shame to hear that it may not be.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
The only Aguila I've used was their .22LR when it was near impossible to find anything else. It shot just fine from the Ruger 22/45 I had at the time (in fact, better than some of the other lead-nosed .22LR I also had). I haven't used any Aguila since, but I always understood it to be decent stuff. Shame to hear that it may not be.

Well. Sounds like the 22 stuff is good.

I put about 700 rounds of Geco (Germany) through my LCP without 1 hickup. On the strength of that I bought 2000 rounds Geco 9mm 124 gr. No problems in the first 2 boxes...lol. And seriously 9mm Luger ammo from Germany? How bad can it be.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I have capped a few thousand rounds of 115gr and 124gr with no issues in a SIG P226 and a SIG P229. The issue I have with it is the primer pockets do not seem to be formed correctly (some are undersized and others oversized) therefore, being able to reload it is hit or miss. For that reason, I no longer buy Aguila, especially since you can pick up UMC, Speer, and WWB relatively cheap, and I now have more than enough brass to weather the storm.

I bought a few boxes of Aguila Super Extra .22LR and was very impressed with the 100YD accuracy. It was much better then the CCI and the Remington Golden Bullets, when I tested them side by side on the bench.

Bought a brick of Aguila Super Extra .22 and have shot about 300 rounds through my Ruger 10-22 and S&W 22 compact without a single failure. I have more on the way.

Last edited:
The only centerfire ammo I have had real issues with was Winchester White Box in 9mm. Had several in a lot that had cases out of round that jammed up when they tried to feed. I have had some issues with hard primers on some Euro ammo in a few guns. Some fresh hammer/strker springs fixed that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back