AFM Delete

I am guessing when you say copper coated them you mean like that copper RTV? Or copper anti seize or something ridiculous that shouldn’t of been used on head gaskets?
Copper Coat is a spray on gasket dressing that is made specifically to dress head gaskets, But I wouldn't ever use it on a LSx multi layer head gasket as they don't have HG sealing issues assuming the surfaces are prepped correctly & you have adequate clamping via the head bolts.

Copper Coat is a spray on gasket dressing that is made specifically to dress head gaskets, But I wouldn't ever use it on a LSx multi layer head gasket as they don't have HG sealing issues assuming the surfaces are prepped correctly & you have adequate clamping via the head bolts.
Oh ok good to know. I could see if it has a sealing issue but since it doesn’t then definitely agree it shouldn’t have been used.

Oh ok good to know. I could see if it has a sealing issue but since it doesn’t then definitely agree it shouldn’t have been used.
That copper spray has valid usage scenarios, but for me personally, every time I ever see it used is when someone is either too crooked or too lazy to do the job right. I guess they figure they can cut corners or skip steps and it will all work out if they just coat the HG in the copper spray.

🙄

Back