AFE Pro Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine came today, order on 5/23/09 and receive it today 6/02/09 !!!. nice quality filter, car breath alot better now, lol

BTW, I think I got a really good deal.
AFE Pro Dry S Oil Free Performance OE Replacement
Part#: AFE-31-10007
Quantity: 1
Price : $30.32
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Fits Non-SS 5.7L V8 Gas Engine

Total: $30.32
Discount: $0.00
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $30.32

I check the site again today is it $56.82 lol.

Last edited:
btw what is best and safe way to clean the filter.

1: Tap Clean
2: Vacuum clean
3: Wash clean

I feel facuum clean is best, tap clean I feel i might damage why tap it to the floor, and wash clean, it take few hours for it to dry, usually I like to install right away after clean. so for me vacuum clean is the best way, what you think ?

Originally Posted By: killagt
btw what is best and safe way to clean the filter.

1: Tap Clean
2: Vacuum clean
3: Wash clean

I feel facuum clean is best, tap clean I feel i might damage why tap it to the floor, and wash clean, it take few hours for it to dry, usually I like to install right away after clean. so for me vacuum clean is the best way, what you think ?

I wash them. I will wash it saturday morning and let it sit in the sun for 7+ hours the rest of the day while I do other stuff. No problems drying for me.

Get two Dry Pro S filters. You will have plenty of time to let the first one dry after cleaning. Geting two will enable you to not have your vehicle laid up, just swap filters and you're on your way.

Have had mine for about a year and 10K miles and havent even looked at it. But I know its still flowing well by the intake roar when you put your foot to it. Even half throttle makes it sing. Full throttle makes it sound like the intake on my '91 Beemer. Hopefully it is a durable as they claim, especially since the air filter forum is full of complaints about poor fits and hard seals the past few months.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Have had mine for about a year and 10K miles and havent even looked at it. But I know its still flowing well by the intake roar when you put your foot to it. Even half throttle makes it sing. Full throttle makes it sound like the intake on my '91 Beemer. Hopefully it is a durable as they claim, especially since the air filter forum is full of complaints about poor fits and hard seals the past few months.

What forum? I can't find many that know about AFE.

You misunderstood. It is the air filter forum section on BITOG. There have been recent threads on the poor fit and seals of several brands and fitments of disposable filters.

Please post your UOA result on silicon reading using AFE dry pro drop in air filter. Any input is very much appreciated.

I compared the silicon level between the stock air filter and the AFE DRY PRO S. The AFE out performed the stock filter giving only 3 PPM Silicon. The stock filter wasn't that bad either posting a 7PPM Silicon level. The performance with the AFE is noticibly better, especially at highway speeds.

Hi bros
Thanks for the input. This filter really serves its purpose. I wouls not hesitate to recommend to anyone. Absolutely value for money in terms of performance and life time usage.

Ordered from ultimatetruck on 7/15, shipped 7/17 from AFE, received 7/21.

I'll echo what has been said here: seals well, sturdy and well-built.

I haven't had a chance to drive yet but the only issue I've had was that the walls sealed so well that the filter cover was fitted pretty snuggly and I had to press down for the tabs to snap.

Originally Posted By: harry j
Has anyone compared a AFE Pro DRY S with an Amsoil EAA filter?

In what way? The AFE has much better air flow but far less dust capacity.

In all ways. Appearance, quality of construction, but mostly performance. What does the UOA silicon levels look like, stuff like that.
The AFE is so easy to clean (I prefer to tap it several times on the kitchen counter top to see what comes
out) that dust capacity is not really an issue.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm bugging Amsoil to make an EAA
for my Civic. If the AFE is as good or better than the EAA, Amsoil would go through the expense and trouble for nothing.
I want the best (most efficient in trapping particles while passing more air) filter I can get.

for my Civic. If the AFE is as good or better than the EAA, Amsoil would go through the expense and trouble for nothing.
I want the best (most efficient in trapping particles while passing more air) filter I can get.

You cant get the silver bullet for that request.

Amsoil is essentially a paper filter with added synthetic media over top. It has high filtration capability with high capacity at the expense of air flow. It won't flow as well as a paper filter. You cannot clean it like the AFE Pro Dry. The Amsoil is for those who only want the best filtration and long life application.

The AFE has much higher air flow and really good filtration but at the cost of capacity. The filtration is probably a step below Amsoil but the flow is much greater and the capacity is far less.

Do you think it is still better then a regular paper filter??

"The filtration is probably a step below Amsoil but the flow is much greater and the capacity is far less."

Originally Posted By: badtlc

You cant get the silver bullet for that request.

Amsoil is essentially a paper filter with added synthetic media over top. It has high filtration capability with high capacity at the expense of air flow. It won't flow as well as a paper filter. You cannot clean it like the AFE Pro Dry. The Amsoil is for those who only want the best filtration and long life application.

The AFE has much higher air flow and really good filtration but at the cost of capacity. The filtration is probably a step below Amsoil but the flow is much greater and the capacity is far less.

Originally Posted By: CB900F2
Do you think it is still better then a regular paper filter??

"The filtration is probably a step below Amsoil but the flow is much greater and the capacity is far less."

I'd have to guess it probably does not filter as well as a paper filter but I have nothing to back that up. The only UOAs posted show great filtration from the AFE.

I have been using the AFE PRO DRY S for some time now and can report that it filters well and is oh so easy to clean. I usually just tap it on the counter a couple of time and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back