Advice on changing tranny fluid 2006 VW Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 with the 6 Speed auto. The car has around 152K miles on it. 80% all highway mileage the PO had around close to 145 mile a day commute. Car runs and drives like my jetta with only 10K miles on it.

What i would like to know is, should i change the fluid in the tranny or just leave it. I dont know if its ever been changed and im worried that if i do it might cause an issue to crop up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of ATF does that car specify?

You may want to consider Mag 1 Low-Vis ATF. It's on Amazon for under $/qt. Part #64092

got a kit from blauparts, used only half the fluid in a single change. got vag-com verified temps were fine on a 70 ish degree day. lots of info on many posts as that tranny was used by audi and others as well

It went ok. I did not buy the special tool. I found a bolt with same tread and with drill press drilled center out to add fluid.I measured what came out and put 1/2 quart more in. I let the excess flow out and put on drain plug. Just make sure car is level. It wasnt as bad as it is made out to be. I did not measure temp and I own a Vagcom. I just made sure it wasnt cold when doing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back