Advance Auto Parts 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putting some in my '04 Durango 5.7, and was wondering who makes it. I couldn't find much info on it, nor a UOA. Thanks!

It might be Warren Oil, have you looked on the back of the bottle?

I'm not sure a 20 wt oil is the best for the climate in Texas, you might want to go with a 30 wt~

Dodge specified 5W-20 for a reason. One of them is proper operation of the MDS system (does your Durango have that)? Either way, I wouldn't think twice about running it. I run 5W-20 in our '07 Chrysler (3.8L V6) and in our '07 Corolla (1.8L L4). In both cases, 5W-20 is specified from the factory, for all climates. Even with the 100*F heat of southern NC summers, it does fine for the 5000 mile OCI.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

It might be Warren Oil, have you looked on the back of the bottle?

I'm not sure a 20 wt oil is the best for the climate in Texas, you might want to go with a 30 wt~

Nothing on the bottle indicated to me who the maker is.

My Hemi doesn't have MDS, but 5w20 (in general) seems to keep the Hemi tick away. We're going into milder (and even colder) temps in the next coming months. That's why I figured 5w20 was ok, at least for this change.

Warren Unilube bottles AAP brand motor oil. They also bottle Coastal Oils.

Warren Performance Products (WPP) is a separate compeny. They bottle some Supertech, and other house-brand oils such as Autozone and Murrays.

Ive used AAP 10w30 before, worked fine I guess. I would use it again if the price was right.

Originally Posted By: Jason Adcock
Dodge specified 5W-20 for a reason. One of them is proper operation of the MDS system (does your Durango have that)? Either way, I wouldn't think twice about running it. I run 5W-20 in our '07 Chrysler (3.8L V6) and in our '07 Corolla (1.8L L4). In both cases, 5W-20 is specified from the factory, for all climates. Even with the 100*F heat of southern NC summers, it does fine for the 5000 mile OCI.

+1, same goes for HOTexas weather in summer. 5w-20 handles it fine. If you are mildly concerned, use a semi-synthetic but SAE SM 5w-20 runs just fine in extreme hot weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back