Admin please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already emailed the admin about this using the 'contact BITOG' thingy. I hear that no one ever answers that though, and that is why I am bringing this up here. Please pardon me. I need to get this cleared up though.

Dear BITOG ADMIN,

I am getting some weird PMs, that appear to be coming from the same person, using two different posting names.

Maybe I just misunderstand what the timestamps and all means. But in my PM folder, it sure looks like the messages from the two people involved, other than myself, are both from the same poster.

The real confusing part, for me anyway obviously, begins about here in this message below. I thought this was from the guy he was supposedly talking about. I did not realize there were now supposedly two other people involved.

Originally Posted By: Oilgal
Originally Posted By: XXXX
Just so you know he sent me the PM calling me a jerk instead of to you.

I don't understand. He sent you a PM, calling you a jerk, or me a jerk?

Then I replied below, to his reply to my reply, above. [censored] this is complicated!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: XXXX not Oilgal

xxxxxxx
started by XXXX (not Oilgal)
Participants: Oilgal, XXXX
by Oilgal

xxxxxxx
Participants: XXXX, Oilgal

Are you done now?

He sent a PM to me, XXXX from XXXX, that was intended for you, in which he called me a jerk and warned you to not talk to me. He then withdrew from the topic, apparently after he realized he sent it to me instead of you, or he sent it to both of us I don't know. Just thought I'd let you know he sent the PM originally intended for you to read to me also.

xxxxxxx
Participants: Oilgal, XXXX
by Oilgal

Notice the topic is me, XXXX
Stared by XXXX
Participants: all three of us

Well, now you know the following about me XXXX/XXXX.

I don't spread gossip.

I am not two faced.

I don't believe gossip.

I am straight up and honest.

You had me going for a while there. I am not as stupid as you thought though.

Not nice.

I hope they ban you for pulling this [censored].

At that point, I was convinced both XXX and XXX, were really the same person. Now I am not so certain of that.

I just replied to a PM , from the person I still think may be pretending to be two different posters, and I think it summarizes what is going on. So I now include a copy of that message below.

Originally Posted By: XXXX not Oilgal
I give up. He (XXXX from XXXX) sent a PM to you warning you no to talk to me because I'm a jerk. In his next post he withdrew from the topic. I responded to him on that original post. I then generated a new PM to you letting you know that the PM he sent you found it's way into my messages. I noticed he sent the original to you on 2-24-08 but I didn't recieve it until 3-4-08 when you responded so it's possible you sent your response to me and him.

Who was accusing you of being a gossip,stupid, two faced or dishonest? All I was trying to do was tell you that the PM intended for you ended up in my messages.Why would I invent a new account in XXXX just to send you a PM bad mouthing myself?

Please bear in mind, that my PM message folder says that you and "XXXX" are the same person, and that is why I am ticked off. From my end, it sure looks like, "you" are "XXXX". Maybe it is a software glitch however. I will let the admin here sort that out.

So just in case, this really is all just a BITOG software glitch, here is what is going on.

The first message I ever received from "XXXX", arrived in my PM box on 3/3/08 11:33 AM, and I was not aware of it until the next day, when I responded on 03/04/08 05:42 AM. I had no idea what "he" was talking about, because I thought "you" had always treated me OK, and I wanted to just politely acknowledge "his" warning, about "you", without getting involved. In other words. We can all "get that way", and I was hoping that would just be dropped from the conversation.

Here is my response, which I sent at 03/04/08 05:42 AM, and please note that I quoted his message in it's entirety when I responded.

Sorry wanted to mention this , dont let this JERK XXXX draw you into a conflict on the site, he will just belittle you and try too make you look stupid , the guy is a JERK.

Hi,

I just got back to the site today. Thanks for the heads up about this.

Now I had hoped, that "he" would just drop that gossipy stuff, and then I received another PM from him, warning me not to try 0w 20 in my van. That same message, also contained information that "he" asked me not to share with anyone, which was not about "you", and in fact "you" were not even mentioned at all in that message from "him". So once again, just in case this was all a BITOG software glitch and you really are not XXXX, therefore I wont share that message with you. I promised to keep "his" confidence, and so I will.

This is all very confusing.
crazy2.gif

So anyway, I next received another message from "XXXX" at 03/04/08 10:24 AM, and I replied to it at 03/04/08 01:10 PM.

Here below is the relevant part, of that message from "XXXX" which was about "you", and which I quoted in my reply to "him".

One other note I see XXXX was trying to get you into a conflict with him on the site... ignore this JERK he will only try to belittle you and make you look stupid...this guy is a real JERK.

I don't think he was baiting me or belittling me. I think he has always treated me pretty well really. It is easy to take people wrong in emails and on forums, because we can't hear their tone of voice, and we can't see their facial expressions and body posture. All of those important clues are missing, and so it is easy to project our own stuff onto others and misinterpret their intent. I know I take people wrong all the time on forums, and maybe you misunderstand him.

Besides all of that. I am stupid regarding the things discussed here, and I am not ashamed of that. Letting it show is the only way to learn, because the healthy minded and knowledgeable will at least try to teach me. As well, those who may try to belittle me, only belittle themselves really, because only the small minded feel the need to do such things. I usually don't worry too much about such things.

Everyone makes mistakes, myself included obviously, and we all take others wrong upon occasion and sometimes get gossipy. I am not angry about that. If "you" really are however, posting as both "XXXX" and "XXXX", then I am angry for being deceived, manipulated and used for sport by, um, "you" (?) .... .

As I said earlier. This is all very confusing.

XXXX

So would the BITOG ADMIN please look in my PM folder and investigate?

Sorry for the craziness. I hope this all makes sense.

Thank you

I just got this PM, and I repost below my reply to it.

Originally Posted By: reposted by Oilgal
I do think it's either a glitch in the software or you somehow included me in your response to XXXX.All i know is that I revieved the original PM he sent to you, his withdrawl message and your response to him. I have already PM'd EKPolk about this letting him know you were upset about this and thought I was posting under another name just to harrass you.Look, I'm a (occupation and location removed by Oilgal), XX years old with 3 grandchildren. I'm a little too old to play games on the internet.I generated the PM to you simply to let you know what was going on. Tom.

Hi XXXX,

I think it is either a software glitch, or somebody else other than the supposed "three of us" included you in my response to XXXX, because I know I did not. I had no idea, there were even really, supposedly, two other people involved in this conversation, beside myself. hmmmm Am I ever intrigued now!
crazy2.gif

In fact I still don't know what to believe really. Please understand, I have had guys try some really weird stuff on me, in email and such over the years.

I have been told, that the admin never answers emails, and so I started a thread about this in order to get a response. I have not mentioned any names or identifying information, and so please don't worry about that.

Here is a link to that thread.

(link to this thread removed by Oilgal)

I just want to get this all cleared up.

XXXX

I hope this is over soon.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Lost me.

You think you're confused!

I tried to contact the admin by emailing the BITOG 'contact us" addy. I was told they never answer the BITOG 'contact us' email address though, and that is why I started this thread.

Well that was sure stupid of me.
33.gif

I have been so sleep deprived lately. That's my excuse anyway.

ADMIN please don't ban me.

45.gif

All I know is this. I opened a PM that was in a thread started by "mystery poster 1". But it was a PM from ""mystery poster 2", and yet since it was in a thread started by "mystery poster 1", I thought it was from him.

Here is that PM.

Originally Posted By: mystery poster 2
Nice job mystery poster 1, you can't even send a PM correctly.The Jerk.

I was a bit surprised and wondering WTH was going on. My PM folder however, now said that all posts in all three PM threads, other my own, were from "mystery poster 2".

And that is how this all started.

Here below, is what my PM folder reads, that I find so confusing.

subject is "mystery poster 2"
started by "mystery poster 1"
Participants: Oilgal, "mystery poster 2"
by Oilgal

subject is "mystery poster 1"
started by "mystery poster 2"
Participants: "mystery poster 2", Oilgal

Now the PM folder software says, that all participants in these threads are "mystery poster 2", and me of course.

So can you see what I mean now?

I would like to clear something up. I was informed there was a problem at 8:27 PM last night. I am currently looking into it and action will be taken when the facts are in. A problem can not be solved until the Admin's or I find out about it. HR

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hr1940
I would like to clear something up. I was informed there was a problem at 8:27 PM last night. I am currently looking into it and action will be taken when the facts are in. A problem can not be solved until the Admin's or I find out about it. HR

Thank you Ma'am.
55.gif

I didn't mean to imply you don't take care of things. It was my stuid mistake for not contacting a mod in PM. I have been very sleep deprived lately. It's a long story.

I am pretty convinced this was all a misunderstanding now. Sorry to have freaked out about this. I have just had too many weirdos to deal with in the past I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back