Adding Mos2 to Redline Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Dave @ redline oil same question and the answer was:

"Our Motor Oils and Race Oils both contain molybdenum disulfide, what we consider the optimum, using additional wouldn’t be expected to provide any benefit"

Originally Posted By: zoomzoom

"Our Motor Oils and Race Oils both contain molybdenum disulfide, what we consider the optimum, using additional wouldn’t be expected to provide any benefit"

Really? MoS2 in RedLine? Granted, I know nothing about RedLine products, but this surprises me. Are there any visible solids or color differences in RL oils?

Originally Posted By: speedyswede
Originally Posted By: zoomzoom

Really? MoS2 in RedLine? Granted, I know nothing about RedLine products, but this surprises me. Are there any visible solids or color differences in RL oils?

Yeah, I don't think so on the MoS2, it would have to be the soluble type of moly, no?? (I'll call Dave to confirm.)

No visible solids in Red Line, but it does have a very 'reddish' tint to it when it is poured out of the bottle.
wink.gif

my current fill is compleatly dark silver from start. That's where you see Moly
smile.gif
looks little darker then usual oil on the dipstick,but leaves silver spots on papertowel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back