add to Odie's new car test drives: 2012 Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of those that has a disdain in general for Dodge/Chrysler products. I had a very troublesome van in the past that gave me enough reason to feel this way. Several folks I knew had many of the same problems too. But, that was many years ago. I can only HOPE they have improved greatly since then (although it would still be difficult for me to purchase one....but maybe someday).
I do VERY MUCH like the look and style of the newest Challenger. I've seen several on the streets that I'd enjoy owning. I honestly think they are better looking than the new Mustang, even if they don't perform (apples to apples) as well in some tests.

Last edited:
The Challenger is HUGE compared to the Stang. If you actually drive them both you will notice that an hour or two in the Stang and you feel beat up, tired. In the Challenger you are fresh and relaxed. Put someone in the back seat and the difference is even clearer.

2 Very different cars, not really a good comparison. The Challenger has a lot more of what the manufacturers call "content'. That's not the same as tech.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The Challenger is HUGE compared to the Stang. If you actually drive them both you will notice that an hour or two in the Stang and you feel beat up, tired. In the Challenger you are fresh and relaxed. Put someone in the back seat and the difference is even clearer.

2 Very different cars, not really a good comparison. The Challenger has a lot more of what the manufacturers call "content'. That's not the same as tech.

I've found the Mustang to be very comfortable. It is a much smaller car of course.

I would totally agree as long as the time limit of an hour or two is specified.

I have extended seat time in a beautiful GT and my FIL's gorgeous blood red V6 convertible. Both initially feel VERY nice, and their ergonomics also seem superior. But after a 2 hour ride you are fatigued.

It may be NVH or something else contributing, but this is opinion, not fact. All of the various family members agree that after a LONG ride they would much rather have taken something else!

some of us are finally learning how to drive the new 392!

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f252/my-11-392-11-96@114-293133/

While the ET is good the trap is more impressive, as the motor isn't even tuned! Remember this car weighs about 4200 pounds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back