Adam's UV Graphene Ceramic Coating on son's F-150

Hello:

My son and his family came down for Thanksgiving week. We spent today on his truck. He has a 2019 F-150 in magnetic gray with the Coyote motor. Nice truck. But it sits outside 24x7 and gets an automatic car wash once a week. Paint was in good shape but he wanted to seal it up to protect it better.

He used the Adam's UV Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit. This technology is new to me as I'm more old school (and you know I have immaculately detailed cars of my own). It was a nice experiment to be part of because, being old school, I wouldn't use this on one of my cars without seeing someone else use it first.

Anyway, we did his truck and it came out really, really well. I'm impressed.

Step 1: Wash entire vehicle with P21S Total Body Wash.
Step 2: Clay bar with the Meguire's kit
Step 3: Wash entire vehicle with P21S Total Body Wash
Step 4: Polish out some minor scratches on the doors and fenders from camping trips
Step 5: Wash entire vehicle with P21S Total Body Wash
Step 6: Wipe down entire vehicle with Adam's alcohol solution
Step 7: Apply Adam's Ceramic solution per instructions

The protection is supposed to last 7 years. I doubt that, but after applying the stuff I have no doubt that it's far more durable than any old school product.

Anyway, FWIW.

Scott

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 4'.jpeg
    4'.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 158
Looks fantastic! But man, i can't see myself going through all that work. But that's just me. Beautiful truck too.

I do not know about the Adams product, but some things like that may require a certain amount of time that you do not wash it so it can completely cure, if you do not want to wash some of it off before it is cured, so you get the maximum time of protection form it.

I do not know about the Adams product, but some things like that may require a certain amount of time that you do not wash it so it can completely cure, if you do not want to wash some of it off before it is cured, so you get the maximum time of protection form it.
24hrs no water, 7 days no wash.

I am really fond of the Adam's Ceramic (5yr) and Graphene (7yr) coatings. Easy to apply and great value in 50ml and 60ml bottles respectively.

Adam's Boost is also a pleasure to use.

Prior to this application, was the truck protected with any sealant or wax? If so, the prep solution is usually unable to fully remove this layer and this may adversely affect the durability of the coating.

Prior to this application, was the truck protected with any sealant or wax? If so, the prep solution is usually unable to fully remove this layer and this may adversely affect the durability of the coating.
Seconded. Every car I coat gets a light polish at a minimum to remove any previously applied protection.

Adam's also only gives you 4oz of prep spray with the kit, which is a ridiculous amount.

I usually use around 16oz of 10% isopropyl solution during my prep step.

Hello:

My son and his family came down for Thanksgiving week. We spent today on his truck. He has a 2019 F-150 in magnetic gray with the Coyote motor. Nice truck. But it sits outside 24x7 and gets an automatic car wash once a week. Paint was in good shape but he wanted to seal it up to protect it better.

He used the Adam's UV Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit. This technology is new to me as I'm more old school (and you know I have immaculately detailed cars of my own). It was a nice experiment to be part of because, being old school, I wouldn't use this on one of my cars without seeing someone else use it first.

Step 4: Polish out some minor scratches on the doors and fenders from camping trips

The protection is supposed to last 7 years. I doubt that, but after applying the stuff I have no doubt that it's far more durable than any old school product.

Anyway, FWIW.

Scott
serious HD shine.

Hello:

Anyway, FWIW.

Scott
Wow, that's a lot of time spent detailing a car. Even a couple of hours feels too much for me. The law of diminishing returns best applies when it comes to car detailing—find a product that efficiently works in an hour or less, as no one will notice a difference at the end with respect to another that takes the whole day to apply.

Adam’s Polishes Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating is reportedly very noxious and a health hazard if inhaled. They recommend wearing an industrial-grade mask when you apply it. What was your experience in this regard? I saw that it was the top-rated wax at Dmitry's Garage and was thinking about using it, but when I found out this, it was a no–no for me.

Nevertheless, the truck looks great! Excellent job!

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of time spent detailing a car. Even a couple of hours feels too much for me. The law of diminishing returns best applies when it comes to car detailing—find a product that efficiently works in an hour or less, as no one will notice a difference at the end with respect to another that takes the whole day to apply.

Adam’s Polishes Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating is reportedly very noxious and a health hazard if inhaled. They recommend wearing an industrial-grade mask when you apply it. What was your experience in this regard? I was thinking about using it, but when I found out this, it was a no–no for me.

Nevertheless, the truck looks great! Excellent job!
What best applies to car detailing is whatever you decide. What other people notice about my car is of no consequence. I clean keep it the way I do for me.

A one hour wash is hardly adequate, in my opinion, for even a moderately dusty car.

It is my understanding that the OP did not use the Spray Coating, but rather used the 7 year product. The product should not be inhaled. True ceramic coatings are not something you want to inhale, no matter who makes it. They should be used in a well-ventilated area with at least an N-95 worn.

Back