Acura coming out with a new Integra

Those renders have absolutely nothing to do with the car Acura is designing.

This pic is the only one that Acura itself released:

2r2UimB.jpeg
Because kid's are like moths to "cool headlights". Silly Boys.
They gotta show ME an Upper and lower Control Arm front suspension to pique my interest
Then add a short stroke high spinning N.A. 2 litre with VTEC to seal the deal.

The market for small more affordable sports cars is deader than the hair metal that was in vogue in those cars heyday. It would be great if they brought it back to North America but realistically any half baked cute-ute or crossover will outsell it by at least 3 to 1. It would be a pseudo halo car at best and Acura isn't selling enough to be able to financially justify a halo car.

My brother and 3 of his friends have pre-ordered one! I am sure that no manual option will be a deal breaker for all of them! If Acura is smart, they will listen!

Honda and Nissan had a grandiose vision for Acura and Infiniti to compete against the German marques(and so does Toyota with Lexus). But now, Acura seems to be a US-only brand, and Infiniti sold only in the US and China.

For that to make sense for Honda, it has to be sold as an Integra in Japan as well and not step on the toes of the Civic(especially the Si/Type-R levels). But small cars are becoming extinct, only Toyota, Hyundai and Nissan have a interest in them.

Acura is now saying it will be available with a six speed stick. Hooray! First Acura with a stick since they discontinued the stick on the ILX in 2014 or 15.

Goosebumps when I saw the upholstery at :05. Loved everything about that car.
If you look closely, the video shows several different cars from bygone eras with different shift knobs and upholstery. I think the retro upholstery would be great, but don't think it will necessarily happen. Just glad they will make it with three pedals. The manual transmission is the best part of Hondas.

If you look closely, the video shows several different cars from bygone eras with different shift knobs and upholstery. I think the retro upholstery would be great, but don't think it will necessarily happen. Just glad they will make it with three pedals. The manual transmission is the best part of Hondas.
I counted up through the generations as they switched videos. The 1st gen upholstery was my favorite. I just don't know what the last car was. What came after the RSX?

I counted up through the generations as they switched videos. The 1st gen upholstery was my favorite. I just don't know what the last car was. What came after the RSX?

Nothing came after the RSX. Three generations of Integra (86-01), one generation of RSX (02-06), then after that nothing.

Not officially released, but I get the feeling this is going to displease the Integra loyalists to the point that they're all going to say "why did you bother?" Another sharp departure from the speculative renderings. Yuck.

Integra0.JPG

Integra.JPG

And they have.

None of them look like the shifter in my 1995 Integra GS-R. That thing was molded rubber. I guess not all that cool but it worked really well and looked brand new after 9 years (where it was stolen, stripped, and recovered/totaled by insurance. I had my WRX by then so I wasn't without a car, and insurance paid me more than I thought I could sell it for. The WRX I've had much longer and the leather shift knob is kind of wearing down. Not peeling (like the Momo steering wheel leather has) but where the imprint of the shift pattern is far less visible.

However, the GS-R had a pretty good shift feel and a ridiculously light clutch pedal. I was in Vegas waiting in line for a show and talking about driving a stick and not having a problem with my knees hurting. The guy said I obviously didn't drive an old American car with a manual transmission and a heavy clutch that kills knees. Still - it wasn't quite as nice a shift feel as a 1997 Prelude SH I test drove. That had the most precise feel of any shifter I've ever tried. It had this slightly gritty feel such that I could tell exactly where it was, yet it was otherwise smooth. It was the most perfect feedback I've ever gotten from a shifter.

The market for small more affordable sports cars is deader than the hair metal that was in vogue in those cars heyday. It would be great if they brought it back to North America but realistically any half baked cute-ute or crossover will outsell it by at least 3 to 1. It would be a pseudo halo car at best and Acura isn't selling enough to be able to financially justify a halo car.
I'm sure that this new Integra will not be affordable.

Back