Acura coming out with a new Integra

Acura knows it would have a dismal number sold in North America and probably wont be coming here. I know people think how can they sell it in a little country and not here.

Having owned small peppy cars in the past, Elantra Sport, GTI, a WRX, I will give it a serious look if it does come to the USA. Acura, if your listening, I want the car to be quiet while driving freeway speeds, have great steering feel and use Michelin Acorus so your customers wont bend the wheels that live in snow country.

My favorite car growing up. My parents bought a sedan 5 speed the first year it came out, 86 I believe. I’ve loved every gen including the rsx. That render looks sick!!

Loose that stupid looking wing. It looks like something with cut off (not lowering) springs with stock shocks that bounces up the road with dingle balls hanging off the mirror. With no wing it looks good.
Looks like it’s pretty sturdy.

Those renders have absolutely nothing to do with the car Acura is designing.

This pic is the only one that Acura itself released:

2r2UimB.jpeg

Looks interesting. A one car accident(not in seat/backhoe) took out my used Acura GSR 4 door in one month of ownership. Loved car but maybe I was in honeymoon period.

My favorite car growing up. My parents bought a sedan 5 speed the first year it came out, 86 I believe. I’ve loved every gen including the rsx. That render looks sick!!
I had the first year LS too
1986. Back then in typical Honda fashion AC was dealer installed at $1000 and most dealers then were getting a $1000 over MSRP.

But that said it was a well made solid car.

Mom had an 87 Accura Legend. A most unimpressive Honda. Then she bought some other kind of 2002 Accura with all wheel drive and it felt like driving the Wife's 4x4 F350.

I agree with skyactiv.
I can't see the Integra coming to North America.
Recently I was thinking that the Acura ILX would be replaced with Acura's own version of the HR-V since CUVs/SUVs are what is selling. However, I may be wrong.

Honda has also introduced a new FIT/JAZZ to other world markets but we won't be getting it here so, I can't see the TEG(as the Brit's say) coming here either.

As much as I have always had a fondness for these types of vehicles(sporty hatchbacks & little run-a-bouts), they're just not selling in the BIG enough numbers to be profitable for our market when an SUV will be expecially right now!

Personally, I think it's a great idea that they go back to their original naming convention. The Legend and Integra had a HUGE following, just as the Accord and Prelude did. The people that were too young back then to swing a new Acura are older now and have money.

I don't see that RL, TL, CL, TSX, TLX, etc. did that much for them, and some of the designs nearly sunk them. They'll probably act like Ford, and give Europe all the good stuff, but I think it'd be great to see a new Integra and Legend here in the land of the crossover.

Back