AcDelco UPF64R Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any on the market? This filter boasts a 35psi bypass rating. Our little sparks call for this one specifically in the owners manual and I'm curious if there are any alternatives yet?

Originally Posted by JoelB
Are there any on the market? This filter boasts a 35psi bypass rating. Our little sparks call for this one specifically in the owners manual and I'm curious if there are any alternatives yet?

Wasn't the 35 psi bypass rating wrongly stated somewhere and just gets repeated endlessly?
Could be wrong.
XG12060 probably the best choice.
Another great choice is the Fram HP18 racing oil filter. It does filter well, even though you see the word "racing" in its name, don't be concerned about that. .. Good 4548-12 performance, high bypass pressure threshold, very rugged, the right size too.
Fram HP18 has a screen placed over the bypass valve too, making it different & interesting there.
Amazon.com is the only place I know where it can be bought. Maybe Summit racing too.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by JoelB

Wasn't the 35 psi bypass rating wrongly stated somewhere and just gets repeated endlessly?

The 35 psi shows up in the Rock Auto info tab for the UPF64R. Check a 2018 Corvette oil filter on Rock Auto. I have no idea if that's accurate.

There is a Napa Platinum/Wix XP with the new updated bypass spec. Napa has them on sale for only $4.99 this month
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
There is a Napa Platinum/Wix XP with the new updated bypass spec. Napa has them on sale for only $4.99 this month
smile.gif

No, if the 35 psi UPF64R spec is correct, then I don't see any alternative out there. The Wix WL10290 has a 22 psi bypass pressure, which makes it compatible with PF64, not the UPF64R.
AC-Delco has never helped clear up the 35 psi rumor on their websites. I just don't know.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

I'm slightly tempted to buy one for my Corvette at that low price but considering the fact that the Napa Gold filters better, I think spending the extra $2 on the Gold is the better choice.

New GM should come with two free services from the dealer. For $50 after that, my dealer changes oil and filter, rotates tires, resets TPM, does multi point inspection, and washes the exterior. Use what GM recommends until warranty expires, then play.
OT the Spark had an all ev model, discontinued, 400 ft lbs of torque, saw one advertised at a dealer.

You have to be careful at the dealerships too. They like to replace the filter with a PF64 instead of the correct UPF64R. Happened to me twice.

I was waiting for that XG12060 ultra but it looks like its only rated to 25psi bypass. So its more in line to replace the PF64 than the UPF64R. I've got a few of the correct filters at home still, maybe by the time i need to order more there will be another option.

Filters with a 35 PSI bypass valve better be built to take 35 PSI across the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back