ACDelco PF61

Status
Not open for further replies.
been running mobil 1 EP 5W30 and a Fram XG filter in my buddys 08 colorado for 6,000 mile oci's. could the PF61 delco do a 6k oci with ease or no? is it better suited to a 3-4 k oci?

Whats the vehicle? What are his driving conditions? Clean Engine?

Id say the filter is no problem since its not an ecore but using M1 EP at 6k OCI is just a waste of great oil! I'd keep doing the same thing but extend the OCI out to 10k imho. The XG filter is very well built filter. M1 EP + XG filter = 10 OCI pretty easily.

Last edited:
a 2008 colorado with the 3.7 5 cyl. 70 miles a day round trip back and forth to college. engine is clean except for one time, when he ran royal purple and ironically, a PF61 filter for 10,000 miles. someone had changed it before, i have done all his changes after this royal purple run, oil coming out the engine was fairly sludgy, and the dipstick has a heavy coat of varnish on it to this day, from the RP.

Woah wait a second, there's an XG for the 3.7L??

I was literally just at Canadian Tire and the book had a blank under the XG category for the 5cyl... Ended up buying the more expensive Mobil 1 filter instead. Mind sharing the filter model so I can pick that up next time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back