ACDelco packaging

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
A couple of weeks ago I thought I'd grab a PF63 at WalMart for an upcoming OC on the Sierra but they were out of stock. Wife was buying a few things from Amazon so I added a PF63 to the order and was surprised at the packaging it came in. I know the last ACDelco filter I bought was in the packaging I was familiar with and the other ACD filters at WM looked familiar. Wasn't sure I wanted to use this but today we stopped at WM and PF63s were on the shelf in the same packaging. Must be global packaging? Did the OC this afternoon and the new filter was identical to the one on the truck. The OLM was at 16% at 3900 miles with a fair amount of towing.
acdelco.jpg

I suppose they are trying to save ink by making the box mostly white. It looks to me like a retro design from the 50's. I find it sort of curious that the new filter packaging stuck with the old GM logo rather than use the new "elephant in a box" gm logo.. Thankfully the filters appear to be the same quality.

The last pf64 I bought from Amazon came in similar packaging. I like these for OEM, although the Walmart MP line is identical and may be slightly cheaper.

They've been going lighter and lighter on the shade of blue in every design change. Some of the engine air filters we've been getting at the dealer are basically baby blue now. Sometimes it's a straight up cardboard box with the PN on it lol. You can get the unboxed 19419227 for way cheaper than the 12707246 BTW.

I have a 2018 Silverado and bought the Walmart equivalent of that filter. It's the one that's marked for extended oil change intervals. Can't notice any difference.

I thought that it (the filter) looked cheap and bought a better one. It's essentially an overpriced SuperTech.
My truck hasn't blown up yet and the oil doesn't stay in long enough to give me much concern at all. The OLM is down to 18%. Had two-2 week towing trips-so the whole situation was put under quite the "stress"-towing through the mountains of Utah, Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.

With 0W/20 no less.

The last 2 PF63 that I bought were in the same packaging. They also have the metal end caps instead of the fiber end caps the old filters in the old boxes have. Not knocking them, I have a fiber end cap PF63E on my truck right now.

Back