ACDelco GM Top Engine Cleaners -- Advice

I have some of this stuff in two different varieties....
I have one can of Part Number 10-3015 (32 oz can of liquid solvent) and one can of Part Number 10-3007 (13 oz aerosol)

I'm about do for a spark plug change in my 2010 Honda Accord. I bought the OEM NGK Iridium Plugs. The car runs great, but the plugs have about 80k miles on them. The car is nearing 280k miles. It burns about 1 quart in 5k miles....so not too bad.

So I wanted to do a soak/cleaning of the combustion chambers while I'm changing the plugs. What do you guys recommend? The aerosol spray looks easy. I'm not sure how to use the liquid, except maybe as a piston soak (dump 2-3 ounces down each plug hole and let it sit for a day or two crank engine over with plugs out occasionally).

I have Kreen already. Should I use that instead? Or do a Kreen treatment first, then use the ACDelco stuff?

I have some of this stuff in two different varieties....
I have one can of Part Number 10-3015 (32 oz can of liquid solvent) and one can of Part Number 10-3007 (13 oz aerosol)

I'm about do for a spark plug change in my 2010 Honda Accord. I bought the OEM NGK Iridium Plugs. The car runs great, but the plugs have about 80k miles on them. The car is nearing 280k miles. It burns about 1 quart in 5k miles....so not too bad.

So I wanted to do a soak/cleaning of the combustion chambers while I'm changing the plugs. What do you guys recommend? The aerosol spray looks easy. I'm not sure how to use the liquid, except maybe as a piston soak (dump 2-3 ounces down each plug hole and let it sit for a day or two crank engine over with plugs out occasionally).

I have Kreen already. Should I use that instead? Or do a Kreen treatment first, then use the ACDelco stuff?
Use the Green as a soak if you already have it.
Great stuff.

Reactions: wlk
Nobody got anything?
I read your thread when you first posted but refrained because my suggestion would have been to source a proper top end cleaner and run it through as intended.

I'm a tool junkie and love an excuse to buy a new specialty tool, but I understand not everyone is like that.
20240416_134236.jpg

The aerosol version worked great for my kiddos Kia piston soak. It actually foams when you spray it. I’m doing another one this weekend on it, and bought the aerosol version again.

Back