ACDelco Dex cool in 2019 Corolla

Hi, yesterday I topped off my coolant reservoir for the first time with Dex-cool coolant ( orange color) about 50 ml , after that I know that this type of antifreeze is non-compatible with Toyota coolant, so is there any harm in my cooling system if I added this tiny amount of Dex-cool in my reservoir?

After some research , I found this piece of information in the ACDelco Dex-Cool datasheet, they say it is compatible with ethylene glycol based coolant ! By the way I have checked the remaining quantity in the dex cool bottl, it was 980 ml, that is mean I poured only 20 ml of it in my reservoir. Thank you all for replies, I do appreciate it

Attachments

• 3FF978EF-8626-4EC9-B216-A349D96964D7.jpeg
    3FF978EF-8626-4EC9-B216-A349D96964D7.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That small of an amount is pretty unlikely to cause any issues. I'm certain that there are millions of Corollas out there cruising around a quart or two low on oil and running whatever random fluids the local Iffy Lube put in them and they still manage to last a very long time.

True but coolants don't mix easily like motor oils do. Seeing what Dex-Cool even does to cars that are spec'd for it, I wouldn't put it in anything that didn't call for it nor would I ignore a vehicle that had it in it.

Did he hurt anything with so little Dex-Cool? Doubtful. But if it needed so little he would have been better off just using distilled water.

True but coolants don't mix easily like motor oils do. Seeing what Dex-Cool even does to cars that are spec'd for it, I wouldn't put it in anything that didn't call for it nor would I ignore a vehicle that had it in it.

Did he hurt anything with so little Dex-Cool? Doubtful. But if it needed so little he would have been better off just using distilled water.

This was kind of true 20 years ago, not so much anymore.

Toyota’s coolant and Dex-Cool is similar more than different. They both use sebacate, Dex-Cool adds on 2-EHA. Toyota pink/red are phosphated for quick protection of aluminum and ferrous metals, while Dex-Cool takes a while to work via passivation. You’re fine topping off - use Asian pink or Prestone Cor-Guard for total replacement.

Back