Accidental discharge with weapon, shoots self

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were his health care provider, I would refuse to pay for his medical care. Make him pay out-of-pocket for his stupidity. Plus he should lose his carry permit/license for six months at least.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Far more people cut off fingers in table saws every year.

And killed playing with cell phones as well.

As much of a 2nd Amendmentnt Guy that I am.... The overwhelming number lack the knowledge, training and common sense to carry. They are more likely to hurt themselves or bystanders than the bad guy.

Look at people looking at guns in a gun store. It doesn’t take a genius to spot who is incapable of even handling it safely. Granted that we all need to learn but IO am gonna guess the habbits they show there will multiply.

I fall on the side of demonstration of proficiency or documenting training prior to obtaining a concealed permit.

You can bet this bozz had zero training. I am glad he shot himself instead of someone else..which he could well of done. Had he shot someone else Fearless Leader would have been all over it.

Go ahead and flame me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
As much of a 2nd Amendmentnt Guy that I am.... The overwhelming number lack the knowledge, training and common sense to carry. They are more likely to hurt themselves or bystanders than the bad guy.

Look at people looking at guns in a gun store. It doesn’t take a genius to spot who is incapable of even handling it safely. Granted that we all need to learn but IO am gonna guess the habbits they show there will multiply.

I fall on the side of demonstration of proficiency or documenting training prior to obtaining a concealed permit.

You can bet this bozz had zero training. I am glad he shot himself instead of someone else..which he could well of done. Had he shot someone else Fearless Leader would have been all over it.

Go ahead and flame me.

Lots of police officers have accidental discharges. Usually bad habits and not lack of training. Sloppy habits will get you hurt in many things.

Originally Posted By: Doog

Go ahead and flame me.

Lots of police officers have accidental discharges. Usually bad habits and not lack of training. Sloppy habits will get you hurt in many things.
Yep. Police have ND all the time. Probably more police ND than civilian. They just aren't reported Nationwide like when a CCW has one. And they don't fit the agenda people like Al are subscribing to.

That statement is completely FALSE.
If it had a single element of truth to it at all, statistics would reflect that. They don't, period. Today tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people in over 40 states nationwide carry weapons every day. They are used all but daily in all types of encounters where peoples safety is, or has been jeopardized. In very few instances have people hurt themselves or others. For certain they are not "more likely" to do it, regardless of the training they may have or not have had. Citizens who carry concealed have been an overwhelming success story. The laws have ALL functioned just as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back