Accident

My wife was in an accident in her 2008 Civic two days ago. The other car hit her pretty much head on going approximately 40 mph, she was basically stopped. She is sore and bruised up but doing just fine.

The car is too far gone to fix. The battery and radiator were ripped out of the car and laying 20-30 feet from the car. I'm impressed how well the car did at protecting her. The other car was an Audi SUV.

My dad does bodywork for a living so the plan is to find another Civic that has rear end damage and use this car for parts. (Just had liability on it).

This car has been a great daily driver for our family. We have put over 50k trouble free miles on it over the last 5 years we've owned it. Can't wait to find its replacement. Feels like I've lost a loyal family member.

20220505_180359.jpg
20220505_185220.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man - that civic took a hit, that’s for sure. I’m super-glad your wife is Ok. I know it gets repeated often, but I’m really glad to be able to say it in cases like this. I watched my wife get T-boned hard years ago and step out of the odyssey on her own, with all of our kids. So grateful. Glad she is ok. The car did good, and can be replaced.

My wife was in an accident in her 2008 Civic two days ago. The other car hit her pretty much head on going approximately 40 mph, she was basically stopped. She is sore and bruised up but doing just fine.

The car is too far gone to fix. The battery and radiator were ripped out of the car and laying 20-30 feet from the car. I'm impressed how well the car did at protecting her. The other car was an Audi SUV.

My dad does bodywork for a living so the plan is to find another Civic that has rear end damage and use this car for parts. (Just had liability on it).

This car has been a great daily driver for our family. We have put over 50k trouble free miles on it over the last 5 years we've owned it. Can't wait to find its replacement. Feels like I've lost a loyal family member.
That’s incredibly lucky that she wasn’t seriously injured, that’s a lot of force to be hit head-on at 40, by a much larger vehicle. Guessing the Audi was at fault?

Well we already bought a new one. A 2010 LX with 118k miles. This car will use the driver's side doors and fender from the original car. Bought a rear suspension assembly for $60 so that will sort out that. Should be a fun project. All in it will probably cost about $4500. Not bad.

Attachments

• IMG_7797.jpg
    IMG_7797.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220510_184637.jpg
    20220510_184637.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220510_184647.jpg
    20220510_184647.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220510_190429.jpg
    20220510_190429.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 26

View attachment 99054View attachment 99055
Glad to hear she's ok. Hope you get a decent deal and back on the road!

Head on collision. Uggh.

I am so glad your wife is ok--the car can be replaced.

I am the miracle survivor of a head on collision-- me in a PriusC going 20 mph vs a crazy driver in a Dodge Ram 4x4 going 85 mph, and can vouch for there being a lot of energy to dissipate.

Back